Jagmaster review by Squier

Squier: Jagmaster

Price paid: C$ 249

Purchased from: Steves Music Store

It suits my music style really well, I play a lot of grunge & street punk. I use a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, and it makes this guitar sound great, and sometimes I use my Dan Electro FAB Hasbrown Flanger pedal, which is a really cool effect pedal. I use it on my crummy Crate amp (15 watts). The sound is very good for what I like, without distortion I can get the surfy kinda (hard to explain) sound that I like for riffs I play without distortion. When I bought this guitar the guy asked me if I was gonna play grunge, or metal with it, so I'm guessing even though I really don't like metal it would be able to do a good job for metal.

This is my favourite Squier I've played, I have played a bunch of squiers (Teles, Strats, Bullets, etc). This is definitely the best guitar I could get for the price, the only guitar I'd rather have than this is a Mustang, or Jaguar, but for the price this is deffinitely good enough. I think if it was stolen / lost I would either buy it again, or buy a Mustang or Jaguar. I love the way it plays (small neck, great fit for my small hands) and great sound too.

I would deffinitely say this would be a great guitar to play with live, and I doubt it would break. I'll find out forsure tomorrow night. I wouldn't ever bring only one guitar to a show though, you never know if you're gonna snap a string or something, quicker to Switch guitars then change a string! The strap buttons are solid, and the hardware will definitely last. The finish will definitely last.

The guitar was setup really well, and was really fun and great to play right away. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, no flaws that I've seen so far, it just seems really perfect at the moment, and the frets were filed well, and the finish is great, the wood is also great.

mnhockey99
    I've been gigging with this guitar as my primary for the last two years. I've had it intonated twice(just as precaution), have not replaced any stock gear other than the original strings (that's a given) and I have not touched the pickups. I have had not one problem to report. This thing has been a work horse. It is a light guitar which makes a 4 hour gig that more comfortable. The tone I get out of it cuts through the drums and bass guitar with ease. I am a minimalist when it comes to gear, I only use a Boss DS-1 for distortion and a tuner to a Rogue 100w 2x12 combo amp. So I'm not running any fancy effects relays etc. Definitely worth the $250, thinking about buying the black one to replace my current back up (an ibanez).
    alexybailey
    the epiphone LP standar is like $450 and ppl who have it say its aalmost as good as a gibson. some guys here said this almost half priced guitar is better? which one is better? price makes it seem LP is better, but price dsnt mean everything. HELP
    twinoaks
    Am a beginner, have a Sqier Bullet Strat and am thinking of getting a Jagmaster as my next guitar - I've played my son's Jagm while he was away at Uni (he doesn't know) and it seems pretty good to me. What do others think about this as a next guitar? Cheers Twinoaks
    twinoaks
    does anyone know of anyone wanting to sell a Jagmaster in good condition?