M-77 review by Squier

Squier: M-77

Purchased from: Ithaca Guitar Outlet

I play a mix of classic rock and new rock, and this guitar is all I need. I run it through a DigiTech RP80 pedal for distortion, but it sounds fantastic just plain clean through most amps. The Duncan Designed pickups are a lot more than I expected, the bridge pickup is really hot and the neck is quite the opposite. A big step up from flat no name pickups, if you'd ask me. Although I'll probably replace them down the line. The pickups are sheilded, so the guitar itself is very quiet. The Koreans have been making guitars for so long that they figured out how to do it really well!

Pretty much, I went out looking for the best Les Paul styled guitar I could find under $700, and I found one that was more than I could ask for. I don't know why they discontinued these, because it's a solid guitar and it looks good too. The only thing I wish it had was some protection for the body near the input, as I'm always worried I'll end up jabbing and scratching the body when I plug in.

I'd gig with this guitar without a backup, as long as it had straplocks. There's nothing about it that gives me the impression of it being flimsy and I'm confident it could handle a fall, although it does have a set neck and I'd hate to see that happen. My only complaint is that mine is black and thus pickmarks show up a little easier in the right lighting.

This thing has the fastest neck I've ever played in my life. Hammer ons and pull offs happen so much more naturaly. I didn't touch the settings. The bridge is easy enough to adjust, if I wanted to, though. Overall quality of this thing is astounding, and I didn't know it was a Squier until I looked at the headstock and read the name. don't let the name fool you, this isnt your everyday cheap ripoff guitar.

Discontinued, so I don't know the year. Set neck with 22 jumbo frets. 24.75" scale length. Solid mahogany body with a maple cap, not veneer. Single cutaway Les Paul Classic style, a very nice copy. Tune-O-Matic bridge. 2 Duncan Designed hubuckers with no covers. 3-way selector with two tone and two volume knobs, LP style. Comes in a variety of finishes, most commonly cherry flame top and black. Mine is black and it polishes up nicely. The tuners are some die cast non locking grover copys which are actualy pretty good. Plus, I got a nice gig bag and strings for free when I purchased it.

melander.larsak
    I bought one 2011 for $450 with "Inspeted by B.O.Lee" and I have a epiphone studio and standard But my M77 have mutch more soul than my studio.But the standard(czechoslovakia)rocks moore.
    Bobbydog
    I bought one of these guitars new for $250. about 12 years ago. I wouldn't let it go for anything. Plays and sounds great. The quality is VERY good. I have two newer Gibson LP's that suck compared to this guitar. It's a cherry burst. Peace
    Theehero
    I love this guitar, it sounds sweet. $200 is a steal if its in good condition
    24more
    Hello my name is casey I had one of these guitars and it broke.. do you still play it? are you willing to sell it?
    trip_c
    i found one of these in a pawn shop today. in grat shape plays well. has a price tag of $200. im seriously thinkin bout buyin it. is it worth it?
    rug_doctors1
    american-psycho wrote: that guitar lookes like a cheap les paul that got fat
    Looks can be deciving, This one is lighter than a LP
    Gibson_Rocker13
    its looke sortof like a les paulo that was mutaled and warped then maued by freaky pigs in red dragon
    doive
    It does look like a bit of a pig but is probably nice to play... a quality squier? *universe implodes*
    absinthe5765
    My Tom Delong Squier strat is nice. Its made outta alder and has a Duncan Invader in it, whats not to like?
    red star
    yeah thats an ugly finish but squier does have some good models like the m80 and the master series
    crazycane65
    I boughtone on Friday for $125, mint condition,I have 9 LES PAULS, and this Squier can hang rite there with them!!