M-80 Special review by Squier

Squier: M-80 Special

Purchased from: Musician

I play punk rock, hard rock, metal, and classic rock and this guitar is perfect for all styles that I have used it for. It can produce creamy highs and guttural lows for any style, and can easily measure up to much more expensive guitars. I run this guitar through a Line 6 Spider II 210, and it sounds excellent. It tends to have a brighter sound, which I prefer.

Overall, I was greatly impressed with this guitar. It is perfect for punk, hard rock, metal, blues, or almost anything else possible. It measures up easily in quality and tone to my Les Paul, which cost over 3 times as much as this guitar. The price is one of the most astounding aspects; this is an amazing guitar for under 200 dollars. If it was lost or stolen, I would definitely buy another one immediately. Don't be fooled by the Squier name; this guitar is anything but low-quality.

I have used this guitar to play live shows with, and it has held up exceedingly well. I was forced to use it as my main guitar when my Les Paul was damaged before a show recently, and it performed wonderfully. The hardware and finish appear to be quite good, and are in no danger of being damaged from shows.

This guitar was perfectly set-up when I received it. The pickups were at the correct postition and the bridge needed no adjusting. I took it out of the box, tuned it, and it was ready to play. The only complaint regarding this is that when I got this guitar, the strings were already rusted. However, I do not know if this is because if the company or where I purchased it from.

The Squier M-80 Special is a 21-fret double cutaway electric guitar with dual humbuckers. It has a basswood body and a maple neck. Two volume and two tone controls can be used to shape your sound, and a 3-way pickup selector Switch is standard. I found the features to be easy to use, high quality, and able to give me a wide variety of sounds. The only complaint I would have is that the pickup Switch is very weak.