M-80 Special review by Squier

Squier: M-80 Special

Purchased from: media play

Haven't owned it long enough to experiment, but can see it being very versital. It is very comfortable and easy on the eyes, like a good woman. It is for sure a quiet (humbucking) guitar.

This guitar was/is definitely a bang for the buck buy. I would recommend it for any seasoned player, especially a Fender player like myself. Don't let the made in Indonesia fool you. I own a recording studio and definitely plan on using this for recording. Hey, why not?

I always take two gutars to gigs, I can't wait to play this one live. I don't foresee any problems. Like all instuments, just take care of the damn thing and it will last you.

The guitar was in good shape, but I had to take several out of the boxes to find one with a straight neck. One was twisted. Two were straight. A father and son bought the other good one. Selector Switch is cheap and flimsy.

Our local Media Play went out of business. I was just toying with the collection of crap 'til I played the M-80. I was pleasantly surprised and since I own an early model (Jap) Squire Strat, I know they can be hit or miss good/bad. I had to set it up, but I love the feel. I do find the selector Switch to be cheap but replacable. I've owned it a day but have no regrets so far. I don't buy without first playing, but at the price I couldn't pass. This is more than just a beginner guitar. Close your eyes and let your ears/hands make the call.