OBEY Graphic Telecaster HS Propaganda review by Squier

Squier: OBEY Graphic Telecaster HS Propaganda

Purchased from: Manny's Melbourne

I like to play bluesy sorta stuff and it suits it great, and the tone reaches from bluesy warm tones to ear piercing highs with the HB. Some times it gives out a quiet buzz, not too bad. It gets pretty muddy under heavy distorion, but with some light it performs alright.

This is a great match for the music that I like. Though I wish I had asked to try the tele custom when I bought this guitar, I doubt it would be better, but you never know. If it were stolen, I would look everywhere for it. but I think, just for a change I would get the thinline or similar. The humbucker plays the pixies "where is my mind" great, almost like the guitar was made for it. The neck pickup loves to play warm tones. I wish it had more colour options, and it could be called the "fat Tele" but I am happy with it.

I have never played Live, but I would have a back-up. The hard ware is good for the price, pretty good. The strap buttons have not moved an inch, and I am glad. The finish seems like it will never come off, and I don't like the graphic as I have said, so I wish it would.

The factory set-up is great. the action is very good, and great to play (not for slide though I guess). The neck is so thin too. Really comfortable to play. The neck pickup has dropped out once, but only for a second. Not bad. One of the tuners ha slightly too much rust for my liking, but it's sort of meant to be like that.

My Propaganda was made in Indonesia in 2006, it has 22 medium jumbo frets. The body is made of agathis, with a maple neck and rosewood fret board. The artwork is over-the-top for me, I only chose this guitar over the Standard because of the pickups. The body is tele-style, but the graphics sorta break up the lines and it doen't look like anything. It has a strings-thru-body bridge. the tuners are Standard Die-Casts, and the electronics are passive. it has one tone, one volume and a 3-way switch. The controls and the tuners are "rustic and worn" and have a "beaten up" look. Pickup config is H/S, the humbucker is a duncan designed "HB102B". The pickups make up for the looks, and I have always liked teles. As far as value for money goes, it's the best.

rocka120
    Carcinogenic wrote: LesPauldude667 wrote: i like pie Don't we all?
    piepiepiepiepiepie ilikepie piepiepiepiepie
    kennedys1
    i played one at a local guitar shop and wasnt to impressed with it, i think the only reason i'd buy one is for a project guitar. swap out the pickups and any other random stuff.
    zarnozarn
    I own one along with 2 G&L's, one of which is at ASAT. I also play a Fender strat and a PRS. This Squier is my goto guitar as I set it up perfectly. it will need a new fret job soon and I plan on putting new pickups in. The action and feel is great for blues/ classic rock