OBEY Graphic Telecaster HS Propaganda review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Squier: OBEY Graphic Telecaster HS Propaganda

Purchased from: A friend

I play a lot of metal, but I also do some blues. I have a Line 6 150w 3s Spider half-stack. The sounds vary on my amp settings, but I find it works best on the channels with a "metal" tone to it. I wish they put real seymour duncans in it, it would make the guitar a lot better.

Like I said earlier, metal is my preference. I've been playing for 5 years, and I own my fair share of gear. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definately spend my time looking for it. I love the graphics, but the hardware SUCKS! Nothing too big of a fix though, so I give Squier some credit. Wish it had black hardware stock. A Floyd Rose would be nice, but it IS a telecaster, let alone a Squier. If I could sum it up, I'd say "Close, but no cigar."

In my honest opinion, I would pack this guitar with your main ax and keep this one on stage just in case something happens.I wouldn't have this as my main guitar, but it is quite a good backup guitar. I plan on replacing the tuning keys, as they don't hold tune too well. The strap knobs were pretty crappy, and one day they fell out along with the screws (I was just standing up, no banging or crazy stuff). I am going to replace them soon, with bigger and better ones. The bridge isn't that great either, it's a somewhat poor quality. I plan to replace this with a REAL Fender Telecaster bridge and paint it black to match the body. The finish is very good, it's stood up to my style, no problem.

I purchased this guitar from my friend for 50 bucks a few months ago, so he had everything adjusted to his specs, but I later fixed them to my preferences. The knob for the tone started to slip, so I just took it off and dealt with it. It's decent, but by no means "the upmost quality"

Model Number 032-5003-(550) Series OBEY Graphic Series Colors (550) OBEY Graphic Top with Black Back and Sides, (Polyurethane Finish) Body Agathis Neck Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish) Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5 Radius (241 mm) No. of Frets 22 Medium Jumbo Pickups 1 Duncan Designed HB102B Humbucking Pickup with Alnico Magnets (Bridge), 1 Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Pickup (Neck) Controls Volume, Tone Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Bridge Machine Heads Standard Die-Cast Tuners Hardware Un-plated: RusticAndWorn Pickguard None Scale Length 25.5 (648 mm) Width at Nut 1.650 (42 mm) Unique Features OBEY Graphic Top, RusticAndWorn Hardware, Gold and Black Squier Logo, Engraved Neckplate, Knurled Dome Control Knobs, Black Plastic Parts, Dot Position Inlays That's straight from the website.