Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS review by Squier

Squier: Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS

I love this guitar. I play everything from Nirvana to Jeff Buckley, as well as Elliot Smith, and Velvet Underground and this guitar does it all. I have an awful amp, but this guitar gives a great sound out of it anyway.

As I said, I play lots of different music. Pixies, Femmes, Bright Eyes, and on and on. This HSS Strat is absolutely the single best guitar I have ever played that cost under $500. I mean, of course a Les Paul, or an actual Fender stands a chance of sounding better, but the price of this guitar is well worth it. Having played it non-stop since I bought it I can honestly say I would have paid more. If you want a Fat Strat buy this guitar.

The guitar store I bought it at set the action low, so I don't know how it comes from the factory, so I guess I'm actually rating the store and not the good folks at the Indonesian factory. The finish is awesome looking as well, especially with the chrome knobs.

The Satin Trans Fat Strat features a solid mahogany body, one Duncan Designed humbucking pickup (bridge) and two Alnico single-coil pickups (neck, middle).

samuel_mash
    I have one of these in the pictured honey colour and I love the shit out of it. I have had a lot of problems getting it to play like it should, but now that it does I am well chuffed with it. Just little things like the pickups being wired badly (the humbucker was wired out of phase, just switch the wires) and there were no pickup springs in it. I have now replaced the el cheapo plastic nut with a graphtech trem nut and am looking 4 a wilkinson bridge cos the stock one is crap. ooh, and ditch the single coils, they r weak as ****. Great platform for mods, but I just cant think of anything more 2 do to it lol!
    samuel_mash
    shoassaf
    I guess this is the only place in the www that has proof that this guitar really exists... I bought it in 2005, replaced the knobs with black skirted ones, had it set up by a professional for action etc. It sounds great and plays great. I think the next setup is to re-wire it and replace the stock single coils.