Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS Review

8.7
 2,194
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS Reviewed by: patduganz, on june 08, 2005

Features: The Satin Trans Fat Strat features a solid mahogany body, one Duncan Designed humbucking pickup (bridge) and two Alnico single-coil pickups (neck, middle). // 10

Sound: I love this guitar. I play everything from Nirvana to Jeff Buckley, as well as Elliot Smith, and Velvet Underground and this guitar does it all. I have an awful amp, but this guitar gives a great sound out of it anyway. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar store I bought it at set the action low, so I don't know how it comes from the factory, so I guess I'm actually rating the store and not the good folks at the Indonesian factory. The finish is awesome looking as well, especially with the chrome knobs. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, I play lots of different music. Pixies, Femmes, Bright Eyes, and on and on. This HSS Strat is absolutely the single best guitar I have ever played that cost under $500. I mean, of course a Les Paul, or an actual Fender stands a chance of sounding better, but the price of this guitar is well worth it. Having played it non-stop since I bought it I can honestly say I would have paid more. If you want a Fat Strat buy this guitar. // 10

Comments