Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 06/08/2005 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Squier: Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS
 9.4
 8.7
 2,120
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster HSS Reviewed by: patduganz, on june 08, 2005

Features: The Satin Trans Fat Strat features a solid mahogany body, one Duncan Designed humbucking pickup (bridge) and two Alnico single-coil pickups (neck, middle). // 10

Sound: I love this guitar. I play everything from Nirvana to Jeff Buckley, as well as Elliot Smith, and Velvet Underground and this guitar does it all. I have an awful amp, but this guitar gives a great sound out of it anyway. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar store I bought it at set the action low, so I don't know how it comes from the factory, so I guess I'm actually rating the store and not the good folks at the Indonesian factory. The finish is awesome looking as well, especially with the chrome knobs. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, I play lots of different music. Pixies, Femmes, Bright Eyes, and on and on. This HSS Strat is absolutely the single best guitar I have ever played that cost under $500. I mean, of course a Les Paul, or an actual Fender stands a chance of sounding better, but the price of this guitar is well worth it. Having played it non-stop since I bought it I can honestly say I would have paid more. If you want a Fat Strat buy this guitar. // 10

Comments