SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

Purchased from: Costco

I play a wide range of music, and this guitar is very versatile and suits my needs. I'm still using the squire sp-10 amp I got with it. It is absolutely crap, but ok as a starter amp just to begin on. Trust me though, after six months you will need to update it as I soon shall be. I have played it through my desired set up of a Marshall MG30DFX and a Boss ME-50, and it sounds great. There is a fair bit of feedback from the pickups but you can expect that from any guitar under 500. It has a superb action, so is great for finger tapping and fast tunes, which I require as I play a fair bit of Iron Maiden. It is also great for playing jimi hendrix stuff on, as it is based on a guitar similar to his. It's mainly best for old school-rock.

This is a superb guitar, and I would not be suprised if someone told me it was actually a real Fender with squire written on it by accident. It really is great. The neck is extremely quick and smooth, it looks fabulous and plays well too. The amp is pretty poor, but you could part-ex it for a new amp anyway, and it aint bad as a starters amp. When I bought it, I looked at the Affinity Strat and the Pacifica 112j, which are both around 200 with an amp. I did not get this guitar to save money, but because I was so impressed with it. It will suit any style of music. I have been playing for 8 months, and won't be replacing it for another year at least. It's a great starters pack, and I would advise it to anyone looking at starting the electric guitar. If you do wish to start playing, this is a superb guitar, especially considering it only cost 140, and will be great to play for at least 3 years before you will feel the need to replace it for something better. It is far better than the Affinity Strat I believe, and outclasses any other guitar in its price range, and up to around 250.

This guitar will last years before needing replacing. I would be happy to gig with it, and have 100% faith in it. The hardware is built to last, and I believe it will.

This is all superb. It looks fabulous, and looks and feels far more expensive than it is. It was set up well when I bought it. I havn't had any problems the guitar at all, except that the metal used in parts is a bit soft, and things such as the screws get mashed easily, but only if you are heavy handed with the screwdriver.

Features wise, I think its great. It has 21 jumbo frets, which is enough to get by as a beginner. It has the quickest neck on a guitar I've ever played, and I've played guitars worth over 2000. It has an alder body with a rosewood fretboard and perloid dot inlays. It has a standard Fender 2-way trem system, which will stay in tune most of the time. It has 3 single-coil passive pickups, which give a fair bit of feedback but thats to be expected on any guitar under 500. There is a 5-way pickup selector, so it's pretty versatile. There is a volume control and two tone controls. It came with a gig-bag which is pants, 2 nylon-straps, 2 cables, an electronic tuner, a load of Fender pics, a couple of tutor books and cds/videos and the worst amp ever, which really lets it down.