SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

The Strat actually has a very nice sound, but the amp ruins it. Lots of buzzing on the amp, the distortion is awful. But I recently purchased a 65w Fender Princeton amp, which really makes the sound of the Strat Shine. It is good fot blues, and very creamy. The pickups are better than those on most epiphones, but can still be weak when it comes to sustain. The guitar it self has a very nice sound when played with the right equipment (not included in the pack).

The guitar is very decent for begginers, and people who want to have a cheap Strat to fool around with. Get the Affinity Strat but not the pack. I made the mistake of getting the pack, and thankfully I was able to trade in the amp for some money. In conclusion, if you want an ok Strat then get the guitar, its worth what you pay and a bit more too. But don't get the pack, not even if youre beggining.

As I mentioned before, the strap buttons and jack plate is loose. This can all be fixed with Amatuer Experiance as I have. The hardware seems like it will last though. The cosmetics are slowelty wearing down, but it dosn't effect the sound, and I plan on customizing it for the hell of it. The amp hasn't held up at all and I lost the tuner but the rest of the stuff I still use with my current set. I feel strange saying this but I actually would gig with the guitar if I dont have money for another Strat (which I don't) I would gig with it if I could find some way to customize it so as it covers up the "Squier" label. I currently play with a Les Paul.

The action was terrible at first, but then I adjusted the nut, and it was fine. Everything else seems to be in place. However, the jack late is chronically loose as is the the button that holds the strap.

This has everything you can find on a Fender Strat. Just about one tenth the quality. Its finish is the usual bright red and not very resistant to wear. It has one volume and two tone controsl (which as far as I am concerned, are just there to look cool). It has a five way selecter. As fot the amp. It has really bad sound. At only 15 watts, you get amazing amounts of feedback when you go higher than five. Way too much treble despite the controls. The rest of the equipment is just average standered fener gear, nothing wrong with it in particular.