SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

Well, the guitar sounds nice, though with a little bit of buzzing from the amp. The real trouble is the amp it comes with. It makes it sound much worse than it is. I play mostly rock and punk, and the guitar suits those needs well. I got the Boss DS-1 pedal, which cuts down on the feedback tremendously. It has two tone controls and a volume control. The volume control just adjusts the volume, while the tone controls adjust the Treble and Bass. The tone controls could have adjusted the bass/treble a little more, with 10 settings, but turning them is noticable enough. The 5-way selector is standard, allowing you to change between bridge, middle, neck, and two combinations. I don't have much experience with pick-ups, but if you plan on gigging, I would change them.

Overall, it's a good buy, no matter what playing level, especially if you don't have a lot of money, but if you do, there are better guitars out there. The only gripe was the amp. If you can, you should try to trade it in to get a better one. So, if you're a beginner without out much money, I would go for it. But, if you're more experienced, you may wany to keep saving to get something better.

Everything is in perfect condition. I've had the guitar for 2 months, and even after several drops and bumps, it still isn't scrathed. All the controls are tight, and the tuning pegs keep it tuned for long enough. The action is fine for me (I like it high), though some people may want to change it. Nothing really wrong, so it gets a five.