SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

I usually play punk rock, namely Fall Out Boy songs. The guitar sounds nice when played with, but there's only little use for the tone knobs since they only change the sound a bit, though only little use, the change in the sound still suits my type of music. The SP-10 amp sucks though. You can't plug any effects into it, all you can do is use Switch on the overdrive. But its overdrive can be too much since, sometimes a change from one chord to another maybe indistinguishable. And the amp also picks up a lot of feedback, which can be irritating.

I usually play punk rock, and with a few sound adjustments, this guitar can really rock on. I wish I had bought an original Fender Strat though, since it's better than a Squier. If it were stolen or lost, I'd probably just buy a Fender Strat or better yet, a Gibson Les Paul. The things I love about the pack is the guitar and it's cool features. The things I hate are the bad SP-10 amp and the strap that keeps falling off.

Since the pack is ideal for begginers, I doubt it can withstand a lot of live play. The strap buttons are solid, but the strap itself is really bad and keeps falling off. But I've been playing it for a few months now, and I don't hear or see any change in it, so I think the hardware will last.

The pickups were adjusted nicely, they really can pick up great sounds. When I got the guitar, it was perfect, the way a Strat should be, there were no flaws on the guitar except its tuning, which was way off, but isnt much of a problem since the pack comes with an electric tuner.

I got this 2 months ago as a graduation gift, so I think I've used it long enough to make a review. The Squier Stratocaster works with chrome hardware. It comes with a maple neck topped with a 21 medium jumbo fret rosewood fingerboard with dot position inlays. It has 1 volume knob, 2 tone knobs and a tremolo bar. It has 3 single-coil pickups; positioned at the bridge, middle and neck. The SE-100 Electric Pack comes with a leather gig bag, a Squier SP-10 amplifier with switchable overdrive, electronic tuner, cable, 5 Fender guitar picks, a Fender instruction book, and probably the worste strap you could possibly find. It's the worste strap 'cause it keeps falling off everytime you lift the guitar. This restricts you from jumping or, since I'm a Fall Out Boy fan, the "Trohmania" while playing the guitar. If you do that, it will send your guitar flying off if you dont hold it tightly.

weer
    Ive got a Jem 7vWh, but i still play on this baby, its like my blankie from when i was a noob, always comforting.. Ah my wil squier
    stratmanjay3000
    yeah im with mahoru strats real and scquire just dont appeal to me...except the buddy guy polka dot strat..i know it sounds odd but it looks cool
    §tratocaster
    It scratches really easy, the gig bag and tuner are absolutely terrible.... The overdrive buttun makes weird feedback and buzzing noises,and sometimes it sounds like it's going to blow up.
    sounds like there is more negatives than positives. i would only buy this guitar pack if it was under 30 dollars at a garage sale.
    Skid61490
    Ive had a Fender(Electric), Ibanez(acoustic), Dean(acoustic), and a WildFire Fender and ibanez have veen the best so far, dean is good for style soudns alright but the features arent what theyre cracked up to be. I stick with Fender and Ibanez.
    chrismacker
    i have one it sucks it falls apart pretty easily, however i hear some are way better than others guess i got a shit one