SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

The amplifier is the major downfall in this set. I play mostly punk/indie rock, sometimes a little heavy rock and a little blues and this guitar suits it well. But on distortion, there is a very small buzzing, and it gets stronger as a nearby TV is on. The sound is dirty but just enough to put it right on the OK liking. I don't have any effects but I getting one (preferably a phaser) could probably reduce the noise. On clean the sound is nice and bright. Not much variety with the tones and the amplifier.

Overall this is just an okay set. The guitar is very good, though. I play punk, heavy, and Indie rock and this guitar suits it very well. I've been playing for 1 year and 6 months, but I've only had this guitar for 7 months. This guitar will definitely last me for a long time. If this were stolen or lost, I probably not buy the set but buy the guitar and then a 30 watt. Maybe 3 years from now I'd buy a SG Standard. Good guitar, bad accessories.

This guitar can handle it. I've bumped into tables and walls there hasn't been one scratch yet. The strap buttons are solid. This guitar will last me a for a long time.

The guitar was good right out of the box. The pickups were set perfectly, but I adjusted it to be louder. Everything was solid but there was only one major problem I hadn't seen for two months. The bridge was somehow raised up like 1 cm. This caused the strings to be lowered, but it caused the D string to make a "twangg" sound when strummed open. This bothered me a lot. I took it to where I bought it. They didn't know how to fix it, so they gave us an address to a place where they could fix it. They had it for 4 hours. After that it was fixed perfectly. So far not so good, Squier.

I don't know what year it was made, but it was probably like 2005. The Strat had 21 jumbo frets, a rosewood fingerboard, 3 single-coil pickups and one volume control and two tone controls (which didn't change the sound much, only if I move the pickup selector). It came with a 10 watt amp (not good), a bag with absolutely nothing on it, 6 Fender picks, strap (which tears easily), cable, and a tuner. The guitar is good, the amplifier is bad, and the accessories were OK. But the set was on sale, and it was good for practicing, since I am only a beginner.

Viciousxp
    Omg.. i cant believe you guys even waste yoru time reviewing this peice of trash.. It may look like a fender.. but thats where the similarities end... the bridge is all screwy, detunes all the time, the pick ups are all buzy and shitty it scratches soooo easily the knobs keep falling off.. and shit man, dont get me started on that piece of shit amp...
    METAL..HEAD
    These guitars suck ass. They detune if you touch the bar, scratch easy as shit, and they are over priced. Fender guitars suck, their high-end amps are okay, but everything BLOWS!
    beefyboy232
    they dont stay in tune very long and the sp10 amp is the worst electronic equipment ever made.
    High_o
    yeah the sp10 sucks... the guitar sucks... but on the upside, the finish on mine is super strong(i tried biting it to see how strong it is so now i've got one scratch)
    choii
    Its an ok beginner guitar i got it about 2 years ago, when i was in like 7th grade but, after a while its gunna be time to level up.. know what im saying?
    choii
    american-psycho wrote: damn these guitars are sooo lame
    wow, kid, these people are beginners, or were when they bought them, give em a break
    fingersofflame
    this was my first guitar, and i learned a hell of a lot on it...how to tap, scales, chords, modes...you name it...and it can really take a beating as well...but it is not for "advanced" players at all, cuz now i have an ibanez and i...sorta hate my squier...
    Gimme_GilMORE
    It's a fairly good starter pack people... we all know that in the end its a fairly crappy guitar, but for price, playability (think small fastish neck) and strat look, it's good for a beginner
    Gerard_grr
    I don't like this guitar, theres too much buzzing when the overdrive is on, my cousin has one and it's really crappy and if you're gonna buy a starter pack i recomend the ibanez starter pack is much better, i don't have one but i know is gonna be good because ibanez always make good shit, anyways what you're paying for is quality and a great look.
    andrew22
    ok, the guitar is one of the best ones to learn on, its durable, and besides changing strings, it doesnt take much to maintain. but the amp that comes with it is garbage. if i was just starting, i would say go with this pack.