SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

Purchased from: Rockshop NZ

The bands I really like are Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Fall Out Boy and similar bands to these guys. And all the music sounds great and rich. The amp puts the sound quality down a bit but it's still pretty good. But I believe in all the sound is pretty good. The amp might put the sound down just a bit but still you can rock hard.

I like punk all the way to rock and this guitar can pull off all those songs fantastically. All I have brought for it keeping in mind that I got a free gig-bag which I can depend on and guitar polish for free is a stand and I'm getting a new strap. It's a nice looking guitar maybe not the Jessica Alba of guitars but it's not bad. If it was lost I'm not too sure if I'd get this exact pack again since my skills have grown over time but I would defiantly keep this pack in mind. All I really wish it had is a better amp maybe with one with a gain control.

It's gone through a war with me getting bumped often but actually no scratch on it. Maybe I'm lucky I don't know but it's fine. A little guitar polish every now and then makes it look brand new. Everything is right in place and I can't see anything falling off. Strap buttons are solid and I can defiantly depend on the guitar, If you want to play it Live you can just get a new strap.

When I opened it up from the box I guess no one had touched it had left the factory and that's the way it looked. The bridge has been raised slightly so you can groove the music in and out. The problem with this is that the bridge will have to be slightly lowered next time I'm in there for whatever reason since you don't want it to high and it seems to keep on raising. The pickups are good and it's all sweet.

The Squier SE-100 is an amazing starter pack filled with tons of accessories to help you get started. The Guitar it self is a Strat with 21 frets. It has a maple neck and a rosewood finger board with a 3 ply pick guard. It has 3 amazing single-coil pickups and it's 5 way switching with a classic tremolo. On the body of the guitar it has two tone knobs and one volume control so 3 controls on the guitar. The Amp provided with this pack is the Squier Sp-10 amp. Now this amp puts out great sound quality taking in that it's 10 watts and just for the starter. On the Amp it has a volume control a bass control and a treble control. No gain control which is a downer. Also a headphone input so you don't have to make any noise. The accessories include is a 10' patch cable which is good. A gig bag which is terrible quality and if you get this pack at the store try to get a new gig bag with it. It's totally crap. An electronic tuner which is alright I guess not amazing but gets the job done. A guitar strap which is apparently bad quality but so far I've had no problems with mine except twice it magically came off. A tutorial CD where you get taught some basic chords and some power chords and a tutorial book to help you along.

pizzabox
    i dont understand why beginers cant get like a mid range rg second hand or someething much better for there money
    zache57
    if yo wamnt humbuckers it would be cheaper just to by some and put them in youself then to buy a new guitar, thats what i did
    D. Hero
    I have a Squier Strat right now, but I'm only renting it. I just started playing 6 months ago, and have been saving up for a way better guitar the last couple weeks. I think the guitar would be excellent for a beginner guitar player, no doubt. Yeah there can be a bit of a buzz sound from the pickups, but for me it's nothing huge to worry about right now. Especially if you were just starting out. All these new guitar players want a Les Paul or something first hand, well they should go with something like this first. You want to be able to play the guitar before you go nuts.
    Demonikk
    Not a fan of strats here either. I like superstrats like Jackson DKMG's or Ibanez RG's but Squiers and Fenders have never appealed to me at all. Mainly because the neck profile is usually a bit too chunky for fast, fluid playing. And singelcoils suck with distortion.
    Roybordom
    awsome guitar. mines upstairs. not a fan of the overdrive on the amp so i bought a ds-1. mines been dropped, scratched, chipped, and it still works great. good first guitar or a beginner on an electric.
    CORT noob
    Yea, Squiers do suck, even for beginners. You people say that its an okay guitar for beginners, but if I'm spending 200+ dollars on anything, it better work for the rest of my life. Not "yea it was good for the first 3 months I had it before it exploded". Cort SP-3 FTW!
    zunizoon
    i have/used a squier strat and its good. it obviously wont sound as good as a gibson..but its good for beginners. i know i know, ppl said it breaks easily etc.. but mine was actually pretty durable, but it wasnt from a beginner pack..it was separate and cost me $200. so yea. but its not bad. and personally, i got a squier first, i was thinking a about getting an epiphone les paul but i didnt know if i was gonna stick with guitar, or just quit after a month, so that might be the reason they get a cheap guitar instead of a midrange.