SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.4 Decent
Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

Purchased from: The Woodwind Brasswind

This guitar does all I need for my music style, most all rock with heavy catchy riffs. I'm still usieng the amp that came with it (an SP-10) Effecs would be great but I got it just this Christmas. It is rather noisy, to noisy for comfort. The sound is OK if you adjust forever but, if you take your time it works out. Their isnt great variety on the amp other than an extremly noisy O/D and a bass and treble knob. I give the amp 1 point for turning on and the guitar 2 because it has potential, it sounds good on a decent amp.

This guitar is suitable for my needs although it is not a perfect match I wish I had a nice Epiphone but it does the jobs. I just started seriosly playing - jazz band and own no gear-yet. If I could have gotten something else it would be a Goth Epiphone Explorer 58' style. If it were stolen or lost, I would wait till my birthday taking lessons with an old Airline Acoustic (ancient) until my birthday and get an Epiphone then I would get a Marshall 20 watt amp with built in effects. I love the guitar but HATE the amp I love the look mine is White with a whith a white pearloid pickgaurd and a rosewood neck. I compared may fiends Ibanez. We concure even though his bridge doesnt't have crappy screws like mine mien is more playable.

I have not played Live yet but unless you are jumpin around it should be OK. The knobs for volume and tonne don't seem that they will stay for a long time but I don't plan to have it for over a year and a half. I would use the guitar in a gig but not the amp it's way to noisy. With a ton of playing the pearloid pickgaurd seems It would scratch.

Being my first electric I'm not sure how well the set-up from the factory was but, it sertainly wasn't anywhere near tuned. THe bridge I have to tighten the screws meow because it is riding up as if you were using the whammy bar. There were no flaws when I first got it but meow after less than a month (but hours of playing it needs a tune-up.

The body shape is odviosly Strat-double cutaway. The only controls it has are volume and two pickup knobs (the knobs are pretty useless unless you want to git rid of some of the buzz that the amp makes) also a 5-way selector this works decently- not great.The pickup configuration is the simple Stratocaster placement (nothing great about the pickups their simgle-coil and definantly not noisless). The tuners are non-locking but, it's a begginer setup. Acceceries include gig bag, a strap, a cable, headphones (which I had to file a mising product report on because they did not come in the box), and a tuner I already got a better tuner the one that came with it was like something from Hendrix's time.