SE-100 Electric Pack review by Squier

Squier: SE-100 Electric Pack

It's not my primary guitar and I don't use it alot but the pups in it are decent, I plan on replacing them soon with some GFS pups. It isn't extra noisy but then again with my effects line (DOD original Grunge, Behringer Hellbabe) its hard to tell where the noise comes from. I'm running it through a basic Fender frontman. It's got a pretty bright sound that you expect from a strat. I use it mostly for blues stuff and not the metal I usually play although it works pretty good with it too except for the 21 frets, instead of my usual 24.

For my metal stuff this isn't too great, but hey It's a good guitar and works well as a backup is you need it. I've been playing for about 2 years and have gone through a large ammount of gear in that time, I've played some othe guitars that felt iffy to me, this one even though it is a budget guitar has a great feel and looks good, its the average guitar somone who isn't in the music line thinks of so it's nice to have one.

Like I said it isn't my primary guitar, but it is built like a tank, but when you think about it this is usually the first guitar for most people. I wouldn't worry about anything on it and it's deffinatly dependable. I said earlier the stap buttons are kind of loose on it, but it's an easy fix, and the glossy black finish is nice also.

Well, I recieved it with the guitar fully set up, extremely low action, any lower and you'd get string buzz. The pups were set up perfect, and I can't complain about the cuts. The only flaw is there is a ding in the neck but I'm pretty sure my cousin did that when he was gigging around with it. There wasn't any noticeable flaws except that the strap buttons get loose pretty often, I solved that problem though with some epoxy.

Well, I haven't been able to find out any information about this guitar based on the Fender website. but it is a solid top agathis wood body, rosewood fretboard. Mine came with a free Hard case, but that's the luxary of having family who would rather give away their gear when they get something new than sell it. I can't complain about it, its your basic strat.