SE Special Stratocaster review by Squier

Squier: SE Special Stratocaster

Purchased from: Guitar center

This guitar is good for most of the styles I play like ACDC and some Metallica. I am using the Sp-10 amp that came with the guitar. I am getting a Peavey Vypyr so my guitar actually sounds good. It is noisy when you put the overdrive to 10. It starts to make a high pitched noise. It has a very rich and brught sound.

I play metal to classic rock. It is a good match. I've been playing for 2 years, just acoustic, and this is my first electric. I don't really own anything else but an acoustic. If it was stolen, I'd probably get a better guitar. I love most things of the starter guitar pack except for the amp. The problem with the amp is that it only has a 6 inch speaker.

It probably will not stand Live playing. It will laast a long time but the strap buttons are not really durable. They break easily.I can depend on it with a better amp. I would probably use it at a gig as a back up. The finish is very thick so it will probably be good enough to last.

The guitar was set up really well. Fretboard is good and the pickups were set up perfectly. The pick ups just give a lot of feedback. The problem with this guitar is the strap holders break too easily. it does not have that many flaws it just pretty much the amp.

The pack came with a guitar, amp, strap, gig bag, and 3 Fender picks. My guitar was made in China. It has an agathis body and a rosewood fretboard.It had a regular black Strat finsh but the pick guard is sparkly and it is also a single ply fret board. It 3 knobs which are volkume and 2 tones. It has a 5 way selector and came with a whammy. The 3 pick ups are all single-coil. The amp which is the Squier Sp-10, isn't good. It only has 3 controls and overdrive sounds really crunchy? (I can't find a way to put it.) It is good on clean but overdrive is horrible. The gig bag is okay, it doesn't give any protection. The strap kept on falling off.

rancidryan
    heard of iron maiden? i doubt it
    stanman64
    i have this guitar and it blows. end of story. period. exclamation point. done.
    Strudel
    well i got this guitar brand new for 150 with a stand, amp, 4 medium picks (which i use anyway), jack lead, tuner, gig bag, strap, and also a DVD with it! it is all good quilty and i think i got a bargin it sounds good with or without amp, my mate was surpised how good it was for the quitly soo this is a great guitar i would give it a overall rating at about 8.5ish (i kno thier other great guitars out thier but im still in school soo im not got the money for a big ass gibson or a the fender strat =/
    Local666Union
    rancidryan wrote: pooflinger069 wrote: yeah strats are not good for metal period...have you ever heard one on a metal muff pedal...it's horrible...I tried my warlock on that pedal though and it was awesome heard of iron maiden? i doubt it
    Let me know when your awesome br00tal Strat gets a REAL heavy sound. Nevermore for example.