SE Special Stratocaster review by Squier

Squier: SE Special Stratocaster

Purchased from: Gears4Music

This suits my music style since it can do the whole range from blues to heavy metal. I still use the SP-10 amp and I don't have any effects yet but it sounds really good on its own. It can become extremely loud if you put the all the controls up and put distortion. I haven't tried this as I don't want to blow my amp. Overall pretty good. Will sound alot better when I get so effect pedals.

I play most types of music and all you need is to buy is a guitar effect pedal and then you will be able to play most songs of your choice. I've been playing this guitar since new year. I wished I had bought this sooner since it is the greatest guitar I've played so far. If I broke or lost this guitar, I would love to buy it again if I had the money to.

I've taken this in my car to my mates house and it worked perfectly. My mate had a very loud drum set and a equally loud guitar. My guitar and amp was able to over throw the sound of the others. I was playing really hard and it was able to last. The strap always seems to fall off which is very bad. I would easily use this guitar to play in front of a live audience. I've been playing the guitar since I bought this guitar and its been great. I once played my mates Gibson and I found my guitar had a better sound and feel.

I received the Guitar on the 31st of December. I took it all out of the box and I was playing in 2 minutes. It was that easy. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. There was no problems with the guitar except 1. When I play the 1st fret on either the low e string or B string, it will make a horrible vibrating sound. This is quite annoying.

I bought this guitar in a set for 135. It was on offer during Christmas so I saved 40. I thought that was pretty good because it is my first guitar. The set came with a SP-10 amp, 3 Fender guitar picks (medium), Fender gig bag, tuner, a Fender guitar stand and obviously the guitar. It is perfect for a starting guitar.

ArticFunkys
    Better guitars: Squier Affinity Strat HSS has better wood(alder) & better tone. Greg Bennett Malibu has Duncan Designed pickups. Ibanez GRG 170 has HSH pickups.
    GimmeRock
    This is a horrible strat for any gigging but if its for practice not a problem
    chaz-33
    im gettin my first guitar, nobody in my family has a clue about guitars so is this a good one to get???