SE Special Stratocaster review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Squier: SE Special Stratocaster

Price paid: C$ 206.99

Purchased from: AXE Music

This guitar suits my music style through simple controls, and easy and clear sound. I'm using a SP-10 Electric Amplifier, with distortion and tremolo effects. The guitar is noisy when the volume knobs are turned above 8 on the amp. The sound is full, and great for rocking out. The guitar can make many different sounds. It has a large variety (8+ sounds).

I play heavy metal and rock, and this guitar isn't my favorite match. I've played for 2 years, and I own an Acoustic guitar too. I wish I would've asked how long the warranty is, as it is not stated on the box. If it was stolen, I would most likely purchase a Gibson. I love the colors and sound, but hate how it slides off your lap. My favorite feature is the pickup positions. I did not compare this guitar to others. I purchased it due to a clearance sale, and it was a durable guitar. I do wish it had more options and controls, though.

This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware seems like it will last. The strap buttons aren't as solid as could be. I would use this guitar without a backup. The finish seems good enough to last a fair while. This guitar would most likely last anywhere from 5 - 10 years.

The guitar was set up fair, but there was a stubborn plastic wrap on the pick guard which took half an hour to remove. The pickups were adjusted to my standards. The top and bridge had no flaws. One flaw on this guitar was that the strings buzzed, but it was easily fixed by tightening them.

Year: 2010 Country of Manufacture: Canada Frets: 22 (Twenty Two) Neck: Think Top: Laminated Neck/Body: Maple Wood Finish: Transparent Body Style: Strat Bridge Style: Floyd Rose Electronics: Active Controls: Tone, Volume, 5-Way Selector, Tremolo Stick, Distortion Pickup Configuration: 5 Fender Pickups Tuners: Locking, Peavey Brand. Accessories: Gig Bag, Strap, Cable, Amplifier, Pick Sampler, Stand, Tuner

GimmeRock
    although this is my first guitar and i'm pretty beginner this a TERRIBLE beginners guitar. i'd rather buy my own rather than buy this piece of wood.
    lucradiste
    Not bad if you set it up right. Better starter than the robson piece of shit or the epiphone special. Get a new amp though the one that comes with it blows. If you can afford it get a mexican or american made if you want a strat, but if you're broke like me it works.
    trg48
    Like some previous reviewers have stated, it just needs to be set up properly. It sounds like most of the reviewers here are noob's to guitars and don't know much more than the names of them. If you are starting out then this is a good beginning guitar. Buy it used for a cheaper price, have it professionaly set up then get a better quality amp than what comes in the package. To others on here that complain about their SE, I believe it is just opperator error. If you switch from 9 to 10's and complain your guitar goes out of tune then you probably need to fix the guitar nut or strech your strings out. If you don't like the sound then put new pickups in them, that's why companies make so many types!!