Showmaster HH review by Squier

Squier: Showmaster HH

Purchased from: catalogue

Sounds pretty good for the kind of music I play (anything from the Murderdolls to Zyklon through Guns N' Roses). I use it with the 15watt Fender with Slipknot style amp settings from total guitar. I don't really use effects much but I always have the gain right up. The pickups have a descent variety of sounds cos I can get anything from a Psyklon Aeon (Zyklon-extreme metal) to Nemo (Nightwish-goth metal) to Rainmaker (Maiden-duh).

This guitar is a great match for my style of music, it actually outplays some of my friends more expensive axes. If it was stolen I would probably buy another because it is an excellent back up even if I had a BC Rich or similar. All in all a great guitar and well worth investing in, especially if you have a really shit beginner guitar (like my old crafter-which I loathe-so I smashed it on stage) and need something with a bit of oomph. If you have a Gibson or Summat you'll probably just sneer at it and thats fair enough but this is one of the best guitars in its price range.

This guitar will last until I get a BC Rich or ESP I imagine. It has taken loads of knocks and my band members insist on knocking it over all the time lol. I would use it with out backup if necessary but because of the floyd you'd need a spare just in case.

Guitar was really well set up with a nice low action (perfect for shredding) and was pretty much perfect. Came from Fenders UK distributor and was just about perfect. Still no marks at all on it even when the strap kept falling off-built like a brick shithouse!

Made in korea I think or somewhere similar. 24 fret fast neck made of rosewood. Came with liscenced floyd rose and passive pickups with a five way Strat style Switch. Stock pickups with an awesome bridge humbucker and reasonable single coils that I don't use much except for rainmaker-ish solos. Came with a Fender 15watt amp, strap and lead (which were s--t). Great for the price though.