Showmaster HH review by Squier

Squier: Showmaster HH

Purchased from: tri-state music

When I first got this guitar, it didn't really suit my style. I couldn't get strong artifical harmonics out of it. I like to play old school Metallica, Pantera, Snot, Deftones, Slayer, and such, so this was a predicament. I also like bands like Sublime, Radiohead, 311, and all the way back to Yngwie Malmsteen, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. After I changed the electronics, it was on! This beast will scream.

I play heavy metal. I play punk (real punk, Rancid, Nofx). I play reagga, and I think this guitar does quite well with all. Very versitile. I have been playing for 12 years. I also play drums, bass, violin, and piano. I have a tama rockstar fusion set, with an Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Bass pedal. I have a Jackson Kelly Pro Star. A peice of s--t BC Rich Warlock, and an Aria Pro Urchin Deluxe. Aside from my Jackson, I play this beast more than any other one. The Jackson has 24 jumbo frets, and my Showmaster has 24 as well, but they are much smaller, allowing for greater reach and more comfort. If it had a set neck, I would never put it down.

This guitar definately will withstand live playing. It stays in tune verry well, and not once has it fallen off the strap. This guitar is my back up, but for a couple songs, I will only use this. The finish is excelent (not that it really maters what it looks like as long as it plays well).

The factory set up was (in my opinion) quite well considering it is a squire. Everything was in its place and fully functional. It also came with pretty high quality parts as well.

Mine was made in 02 I think. It's the 20th anniversary edition. It is red with white ghost flames. It has a 24 fret bolt on neck with a scaloped joint. This guitar has a real thin fast neck (that I love). My Showmaster is nothing compared to my kelly pro star, but nothing plays like a Jackson. This Ax had 2 Duncan Designed humbuckers whitch didn't sound to bad, but I had a pair of Emg HZ's so I dropped them in, along with the rest of the electronics from the busted ass ltd I took them out of. The double locking free-floating floyd rose is awesome. They always are.