Showmaster HH review by Squier

Squier: Showmaster HH

It sounds good, but not as good as a PRS or Les Paul, Telecaster etc. but still sounds good for what it is, it sounds as good as a Les Paul etc. through an amp. It looks silly if you like playing heay metal (like me) 'cause it is like a country style shape. But good if you like that country stuff. I use it with, a Fab Metal pedal and distortion through my amp. It is noisy, but thats only cos I have my amp on loud! Quite a low sound through an amp, but high not through an amp. It is not good for finger sliding, it is really sticky, it was from when I got it to now (a year later)!

It is ok, but it does lack some really key features, like the scratch plate, metal controls, left handed tuning keys and dodgy input. Overall I give it 4/5.

It will do good for live playing, it is the right shape for moshing, and jumping of amps Justin Hawkins (Darkness) style. The hardware has lasted a year so far without falling apart so its ok. The strap buttons are solid, they are good. I would use it in a gig, yes, I already have and it was fine, apart from pulm muting is really s--t with this guitar, it rattles when you mute it! It does scratch easily as it doesn't have a scratch plate!

It was set-up quite well, but it was loose and still is at the part were you put the lead in to the guitar. The pickups are good and sound best at the top pickup (closer to the neck). It was all good when I got it! No problems, apart from, the strings were rusted when I got the guitar. But I easily got new strings!

I got this guitar a year ago and still have it today, I went on it today and still find it is as good as any guitar for playing. To be honest, what everyone says about Squires is shit! I think they may not look as good as a SG or Les Paul but still plays the same. Well I really like mine. It was made in Japan. It has the same amount as frets as a Les Paul, I don't knw how many that is though. It has a solid top. Neck is mahogany. It has a dark blue glossy finish. Really nice when new and clean! Body stlye is like Strat, but a bit different. The controls, well that's the s--tty bit, they look good, they are solid, shinny metal. But they don't have numbers of words. So you don't know which is what? There are only 2 controls. The controls given are volume and tone. It is a right handed guitar, but the tuners are on as if they were on a left handed guitar! That's gay as well. Pickups - 3 of them. It comes with a strap, whammy bar, lead and 10 wat Squier amp (I didn't get the amp, bad service problems). Overall good, stylish but style can be a let down.