Showmaster HH review by Squier

Squier: Showmaster HH

Purchased from: Bandland Teesside

I play funk-rock like Red Hot Chili Peppers and it suits my style pretty good its styling isnt quite right for funk though. I use the Fender amp given in the package and will soon be using a DigiTech RP80 effects pedal to add a bit more tone to my playing The guitar gives a rich sound that sounds a bit weird with distortion. It has a large range of sounds available to it but some sound beter than others; heavy rock doesn't sound too good. Overall it sounds like it should; a guitar. It sounds as good as any other guitar that costs within 150 of its price.

My funk music sounds good with this guitar so I don't need another guitar yet. I've owned my Squier for a year now it was my first electric. I mainly chose it because of its price I couldn't afford anything better. I wish it had two tone controls, one for treble and one for bass but its only got the one. I love the dark blue colour of mine and the pick-up-and-play-ability. When I bought it I compared it to other guitars of it's price range and it blew them all out of the water. I love my Squier but I'd love a Telecaster more. Overall a great guitar for the price.

Like so many other guitars that don't cost loads it has a few durability issues. It won't let you down on stage it can handle a long gig, it won't make a dash for the ground because of a fallen strap the buttons are solid. The finish could rub off with some very brutal playing, it hasn't yet for me though. The tuning heads are decent quality but it could do with a better set its not without its flaws but it can handle a gig.

My Squier was in mint condition when I recieved it, I think Squier really take time to make sure their guitars are quality products. I have only recently noticed a slight flaw; the volume control dial on the guitar comes off very easily.