Showmaster Jimmy Shine H (Limited Edition) Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 07/09/2005 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Squier: Showmaster Jimmy Shine H (Limited Edition)
This gorgeous guitar is offered as a Special Limited Edition, so get yours before it's gone! Same basic specs as the Squier Showmaster but with a single pickup and a "Jimmy Shine" graphic.
 8.5
 8.4
 8.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Showmaster Jimmy Shine H (Limited Edition) Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 09, 2005

Purchased from: Milaono's Music

Features: Body - basswood, sleek body Neck - maple, C-shape, (polyurethane finish) Fingerboard - rosewood, 12.5" radius (317mm) No. of frets - 24 jumbo Scale length - 25.5" (648 mm) Width At Nut - 1.650" (42 mm) Hardware - black Machine heads - standard die-cast tuners Bridge - hard-tail strings-through-body Pickguard - none Pickups - 1 humbucking pickup Controls - volume, tone Colors - black Strings - Fender Super 250L, nickel plated steel (.009 to .042) Unique features - Jimmy Shine So. Cal. Speed Shop Motorcycle graphic on body Small - reverse headstock. // 8

Sound: I like to play blues, hard rock, heavy metal, classic rock and I also like to improvise too. So far this guitar hasnt let me down. The amp I have is kinda crappy, but I have played it on a really nice amp (at the store I bought it from) and it wailed pretty good. I am looking for a new amp before I buy effect pedals for it. The sound is clean and rich for a single humbucker, and the Social Distortion solos sound great even through the hand me down amp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was adjusted by the shop I got it from before I walked out the door with it. The rest of it was really nicely put together. There is one ding on the head, but its easy to over look since I dont stare at it when I play. The black paint picks up a lot of finger prints but whatever! The guitar was originally offered from So Cal Speed Shop with a gig back and a t-shirt. I got it from a music store without all that crap, but it wasnt used. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I am not good enough to play live, yet, but I would jam this one unless there was a different sound needed. When I get better and join a band, I'll rock the crap out of this guitar. Even though I bought it as a collector guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: For the style of music I play, it fits really well. I played for a few years in my teens and had a knock off Strat that sucked compared to this. I also own an acoustic guitar, but since I got this one, I dont really play it anymore. If it were stolen, I would be pissed, I like it. Like they say, you dont pick the guitar, the guitar picks you and this one had me at the first chord I slammed out of it. I like the finish, and the Jimmy Shine Graphic on it because it fits my lifestyle to a T (I work on old Harleys). Besides that the neck is smooth and just the right thickness to jam on. I wish there was more pickups but, I think I'll buy another electric guitar and keep this one as a home player. I was in the air between a cheap Fender, a used Peavey and then I saw this one and had to have it (even though it is a Squier). // 8

Comments