Showmaster NLT HSS review by Squier

Purchased from: Mega Music

My music styleis varied from Pink Floyd to Led Zepplin to Rage Against The Machine to The Red Hot Chili Peppers. And this guitar worked for every one of them. The sound can be variued greatly and the tones are great. The humbucker on overdrive never fails to impress.

As I said my music style is so varied and this fitted well with everything and if your like me and youre budget is tight this is a definit yes. I own a '52 Fender Stat and a Gibson SG. I've got a Marshall stack and despite the price differences. I've found that the showmaster sounds the best on it. This guitar is so great and I would definitely buy another one. My favourite feature is the metal knobs for the volume and tone which not only work great they look awesome two. The only annoying thing about it is not knowing how the volume is set. When I was first choosing the guitar it was either a Ibanez Jumpstart package or a Squier Affinity Strat or the Showmaster. The Affinity Strat didn't have a case and it was 200 dollars more expensive and because I travel alot I didn't choose that and the Ibanez Jumpstarts sound was absolute crap so the Showmaster won and it was great. I think this is an excellent beginner and intermediate guitar and I couldn't reccomend it more highly.

For gigs this guitar willbe amazing if your playing little gigs but if your playing big ones I would go for something like a Gibson or Fender because the Showmaster is not as loud as a custom built guitar. When my strap button came off I wasn't playing a gig so I had enough time to fix it and after five years I haven't had any trouble. The hardware has not given mye any trouble. I've dropped it and smacked it a couple of times and it withstanded the terror of a little brother so it's a definite 5.

I never had any problems with the mechanical parts of the guitar. It was only a few little things like the volume and tone knobs came of and the strap holder broke off. Aside from that it was an excellently built guitar and I reccomend it greatly to anyone that wants to play any type of music.

Woulnd't have a clue what year it was made. It has 24 jumbo frets. It says on the back crafted in Indonesia. It's a nice solid body guitar with a metallic finish and it's got a nice feel to it. It's sort of like a Stratocaster without the scratchplate. It's got a string-thru bridge and a 5-way selector for the two single coil pickups and the humbucker. The humbucker never dissapoints but the single coils can hum slightly but if playing in a gig no one would know. The package I got was a great deal. It came with a Fender Frontman R 15 watt amp. A rocktex gigbag strap, lead, tuner, etc.