Showmaster NLT HSS review by Squier

Purchased from: Rimmers Music

I play funk and lots of rock and sometimes delve into metal with my DigiTech Death Metal pedal but whatever I throw at this guitar it handles. I run it through a Marshall mini-stack and so far I've had no element of feedback or buzzing. I use Ernie Ball super slinkys and the sound with these is great. It ranges from a light twangy sound to a hard metal sound and still sounds great. Superb sound for the price.

I play funk and some metal and other types of generic rock (Eric Clapton, The Eagles etc). The guitar is good at all the styles I play. I've been playing for about a year and been gigging for about 6 months and I also own a DigiTech Death Metal pedal and a Marshall Micro Stack. If it were stolen I would be absolutley gutted for about a day or two but I would buy another guitar. I mean this ones great but I'm a bit bored of it. I have had my eye on an Epiphone Les Paul Classic for 259 so I would buy that instead because its a les paul and not a Strat style body like the showmaster. I like the headstock but I hate the bridge. It has a problem when you change strings if your not careful it can adjust the action and for about 2 months I had dead notes on the high frets from 15-22. But I was a beginner and I didn't play that far down. I wish it had a better bridge maybe a Gibson Tune-O-Matic. Overall its a good beginner guitar.

The amount of times I've dropped this guitar off the stage and banged it into things it a suprise it has no damage. I once dropped it nearly 6 foot onto stone and the lead jack fell out and it's never been fully right since. The jack just comes loose and jams leads occasionally but has no effect on sound. Overall though the body is strong but light. The finish has a few dents and scratches but the paint hasn't been removed at all considering it's had about 1 year of home playing and about 6 months of gigging it's not in bad shape. I could and already have depended on it for a gig and I will again. excellent.

The finish is a shiny dark blue and I have customised it with a few stickers and it looks great. The action is low enough for hammer on's but not too low to avoid hitting the fret markers. When I bought it the only problem was that the strings were a bit dark and dirty but I just fitted new strings and it was fine.

I have no idea when it was made but it was made in Indonesia. It's got 22 jumbo frets plus a blue paintjob and brown neck. It's similar to a Strat body but without the scratchplate but it has a really funky reverse headstock which makes it stand out from the crowd. It's got a 5-way pickup selector, a humbucker bridge pickup and 2 single coil pickups and the obvious volume and tone knobs. Keep in mind this is a beginner guitar out of a pack so it came with strap, 2 cables, allen keys, book, video and plectrums but strangely no gig bag or tremelo arm. overall its a good little package. As soon as I bought it I also bought new leads because the ones included are awful.

Erlend Johan
    I got one and i love it It has 2-way string lockers and a floyd rose And two humbuckers Sorry for my bad english...
    p-nutz
    I was playing away on my friends one of these and the trem is a million times better than on my MIM strat....pfft!
    RFSA
    It has a realy great sound!! I love the body and the black metallic color!! the 24 fret neck allows a great and safe playing !! The floyd Rose tremolo is also great! I use it mostly to play 80's hard rock and blues!