Showmaster NLT HSS review by Squier

Purchased from: Knight Music

This guitar is quite suitable for metal if you use the right amp, it can handle distortion but not the best sounds. Maybe I should change its pickups for better sound. Anyway I especially found it nice to play blues with. I currently own a Frontman 15g Fender amp and it sucks, but once I tried it on a better Fender amp(forgot its name, it belongs to my guitar teacher anyway) it played really smoothly and had a good sound despite the stock pickups, the single coils tend to buzz. But at that price it is great sounding.

It's a pretty good match mostly for rock, I think because it has pretty good distortion but it's also great for rock and blues. Been playing for 2 years and my guitar's been with me all that time, as I got to play other guitars I realized that this one wasn't as bad as they say. If it were stolen I would probably buy another guitar though, mostly so I can try out more, or I would find it more worth it to buy a higher quality guitar although this one as I mentioned earlier isn't so bad.

This guitar is definitely capable of going live which is great because I can't even have a backup, but I still trust this guitar to last me quite a few more years, although I've been bumping it around (not on purpose) and it still looks and feels good, no visible scratch either. The strap buttons are pretty solid and probably could lift up 3 other guitars.

When I first bought it I found no problem with it, it didn't have a scratch on it. Nowadays about a year and a half later it still plays like a charm and still no problem. The pickups are adjusted quite low and allow you to play easily. What it does need is a fretboard polish but that's a problem from my side.

I have no idea when it was made but I know that Fender/Squier stopped making these guitars. I also know it was crafted in Indonesia, it says so on the back of the headstock. It has 24 jumbo frets on the ebony fretboard. It has low action so it's easy to play. The neck is quite thin compared to other crappy guitars I've played and is quite comfortable especially for beginners, by the way it's not a crappy guitar:P. It's finish is black satin so that means it'll scratch easily (although mine doesn't really have any visible scratch)and dust is annoying cause it keeps building up. It has a 5 way selector, a volume knob and a tone knob. Two single coil pickups and a humbucker. This guitar is also a licensed Floyd Rose which makes it annoying for beginners to restring, a the good old days, not so long ago.

Hoodoo Child
    Ali-b912
    Hoodoo Child wrote: i have a showmaster very good guitar, altho it does go out of tune if i use the trem too much...
    im not sure if it has a floyd rose but if it does it should stay in tune. id advise you take it to a shop and ask if they can check the trem out for you
    Rugby Rocker
    recently bought one (today) and have played it on my mates amp and in the shop and i would say it is brilliant. the 22 frets are fine as i am a rhythm player and am loving the trem
    ryanbyers
    huy people i have the same guitar but a was wondering what floyd rose to get fitted on it i have been asking around but you never get any reply and a dont really know much about guitars but a dont want to end up buying a floyd rose and its not the one that fits it thanks a would be happy if someone could tell me a model number or something thanks guys
    PMarshy
    I bought a 2004 showmaster today from cash converters for 44 , yes 44 quid . They know s#it about guitars . It is very good i'm really impressed . Great action , awesome tone . It's ousted my USA tele in affection at moment .