Stagemaster 7 review by Squier

Squier: Stagemaster 7

Purchased from: A friend

I'm Korn fanatic! But I think you already knowed that by the 7 string. But I use it for all kind of rock and metal (Dream Theater, Megadeth, the new James LaBrie album, and lots). It's noisy oh yeah it's noisy, but through the tones of pedals I'm not shure that the guitar or the effects try to make me angry. It has a rich sound! It sounds very good, and the B makes you're amp blow! I had lots of guitars wich had the tone knob only for design, but on this guitar you hear the tone change real quick! The weakness of this guitar it's his pickups, but you can change that real quick (I just need money). I'm using it with an Fender Frontman 75, and some effects like Marshall Distortion 1, Boss Digital Delay 3, Zoom 510 multi effect, Boss Chorus, Arion Chorus\Flanger, Ibanez Delay, I think that's it and I use Jim Dunlop and Fender picks, and D'Addario strings, and D'Addario cables. This guitar was made for nu-metal fans that looking for a cheap guitar, but you get more than a nu-metal guitar, just use you're brain, and you'll be really satisfied! whatever kind of music you are into (but okay it's not an Ibanez).

As I said before I play all kind of metal, and rock, and it suits me well yuo can play almost everything with it (but all you Korn freaks get this). I play guitar about 9-10 years and I got this guitar about a year and a half, and I play this guitar the most. If it were stolen I would hunt the the motherf--ker and I would beat up him\her so bad that he would regret that he lives (or I would have to work real hard to buy another one). I love the whole guitar so that's that! Mine is a metalic black so it rocks! I'm pleased with it and I can't complaine about it maybe you can.

This has to withstand live playing! And until now I never had any problems and it's always with me, even at work. You will not have any problems with the hardware for a long time that's for shure. The strap buttons? Good question, 'cause the guitar is real heavy (in weight) and could be problems, but until now nothing bad happend (okay the wood is solid, but who knows). I can depend on it! Never had problem with it, and I hope I never will. The finish is lasting I play lots and it's lasting, but I answer to this question in 2010 okay?

The factory settings, not the greatest but works. I'm only dissapointed by the pickup settings and the electrics are a bit messy, but you can fix that with a hairbrush! But it's built real good, and I didn't see any factory defects (so if you don't consider the pickups it's great).

I don't know in what year was it made, but I bought new, dosen't have a scratch or anything. It was made in China. It has 24 jumbo frets, and a big but thin neck. The fingerboard is made out of rosewood. The body is solid hardwood (believe me it's solid, but you only feel that in it's weight). The neck is very good, and real fast. It has a big neck but it's thin and you don't really will notice the difference, only when you bump into the 7 string if you played a 6 stringer). Mine has a double locking floyd rose, and 2 knobs one volume and one tone, with 3 way switching. My guitar has stock double pickups, gotta change them cause the pickups are not very good (lots of noise, or is it my multi effect). Comed with a tremolo, stolen of an Ibanez (now you think I doubled the price of my guitar). But you're wrong cause it' realy good, and worth buying, of course you wonder why I paid so much for it? I'm from Romania and to get an musical instrument you have to work a lot for it, and the instruments are the double of the price (to be honest, I got it way cheaper cause it was imported from Germany, and if you're looking for it in a shop it costs 400-480 euros.

punkMETALskater
    i jus bought one of these of ebay, i hope its worth it,mine has a fixed ahrdtail bridge tho...id like to have a floyd rose those, but hey,i dont need it yet, i cant solo..i bought it for koRn purposes also...but i like to play heavy sometimes and need taht low b...(or a for whoever uses that tunning)