Stagemaster HH review by Squier

Squier: Stagemaster HH

Purchased from: Evans Music and Skate

This guitar fits me to a tee. It's got a real punchy sound on the bridge pickup. The neck pickup has got a nice, full sound. It's an ideal 80's metal guitar. So we all know what that means? CRANK UP THE REVERB!!!

I play a bit of everything and it fits me perfectly. I've been playing for about 4 years and it's one of the best guitars I have played. I work at a music store and I play quite a bit of different instruments, If it were stolen I would be really distraught because it's a discontinued model and would be hard to find. There is one thing I wish it had though. I wish it had a banana headstock instead of a reverse one. But, oh well I can live with it.

I haven't played a show with it yet. But, I've only tuned it once and it's been pretty close for the last two weeks. So I think it can easily withstand live playing. The hardware with last pretty well. Strap Buttons are pretty solid. I'd go to a gig without a backup.

When I got it, the action was perfect. It was real low with zero buzz. The pickups were set to a real nice height as well. Everything is really solid on it.

Mine was made in Korea in 2001. It's got 24 jumbo frets and is Metallic Cobalt Blue. Neck thru construction. It has a licensed floyd rose. Passive pickups. 3 way selector switch with standard 1 volume and 1 tone knob. It's got some standard low end tuner that are double locking as well.