Stagemaster HH review by Squier

Squier: Stagemaster HH

Purchased from: Evans Music and Skate

Now, in the last few months I experimented with different sounds to see what is well and what isn't well. Blues handles nice. Jazz is the same. Hair metal is ideal. Thrash is awesome. Death metal isn't so good. Needs more low end. Metalcore is pretty nice. Generally anything beyond Metalcore/metal isn't very good. Now, The amp I ran it through is my Crate GT1200H with a Crate Cabinet loaded with Vinatge Celestion 30's. Generally on the rhythm channel dialed in setting for each genre. The Neck pickup does wonders on the Jazz and Blues chords. Along with acoustic interludes. Bridge was perfect for Hair metal and the heavier stuff. With the pickup selector on both pickups. It meshes nicely for chord strumming.

As I said last time. It fits me to a tee. I've been playing now for almost 5 years and I love it. If it was stolen I would STILL be distraught. This thing is my child. I still wish it had a banana headstock. But, I can still live with it.

This guitar will EASILY withstand live playing. I've played 7 shows with it and there wasn't a problem. Of course I brought a back up. Which is my Dean ML X. But you should never go without a backup. Breaking a string on stage is no fun. The finish has been made to last. It's 11 years old. No problems there.

As I said before, the action is very low and is perfect for me. Easy for fast licks and sweeps of any string size. All the hardware is also fine on it. No problems here.

I previously wrote a review on this guitar about a few months ago. So, I decided to give a "better" updated review on it. That being said. Lets get on with the review. The guitar has all the same features as last time. 24 jumbo frets. Neck thru joint. Licensed Floyd rose, Passive pickups, 3 way selector switch, 1 volume, 1 tone knob. Die Cast Squier tuners that are not double locking. I'm dumb for saying they were. But all of these features on a metallic Cobalt Blue finish that is 11 years old.

senecakraut
    I recently bought one of these used from a pawn shop for $80. I am a big fan of older Japanese and Korean made squiers (especially the Korean made Pro Tones) and this one has proven to be equally as nice. Its Atlantic Blue Metallic, neck-through design, HH pickup configuration. It's a nice weight (not too heavy) thanks to the Alder wood body. All-in-all, it's a nice guitar and perfect for someone looking to get into the thrash/heavy metal game without spending a small fortune in the process.
    dougdixon
    I have one in champagne ( the finish not the drink ) and it has been a great guitar. It is on the heavy side which compared to my Dean Vendetta which is lighter then air. If you see one of these going cheap. Grab it. I think I paid well under 100 as thier was a small mark on it.They are a good solid guitar. I play mine through a Marshall MG50DFX and a couple of Danelectro pedals and it performs great.Don't knock it until you've tried it! This is nothing like a cheap starter Squier, Much better than a starter guitar for not much money.
    joeguitargod
    I have a blue 1999 Squier Stagemaster. After having a luthier friend of mine do his magic on it, it is one of THE sweetest playing guitars I have EVER laid my hands on. And I've been playing for nearly 30 years. The guitar's only real weakness in my opinion is the pickups. Just not enough "punch" for me. When I make up my mind on which pickups to swap the old ones out with, it will probably become my favorite axe of the 22 I own. If you ever have a chance to play one, I think you will be surprised. I was.