Standard Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Just Pickin' Guitar Store

This guitar is perfect for anything from death metal to blues to indie-rock. The dual humbuckers give it a mean meaty sound even without effects. Awesome guitar for the beginner. I would recommend it to anyone.

I play a lot of grunge and punk-rock like Nirvana, Pixies, Green Day, Sex Pistols, Violent Femmes, etc. and I don't believe I could have a better guitar, cept maybe a Fender USA. I love the double humbuckers. I would reccomend this guitar to any beginner or seasoned musician. Much more affordable then other strats, basically the same quality. If this guitar were lost of stolen, I would probably save up and buy a Fender.

Awesome sturdy guitar. Hard to chip. Nice reliable sound. I would definitly trust this guitar on stage (though I would need a backup in case of a broken string). Strap buttons are nicely secured. The bottom line is, If you take well enough care of guitar it will last for years.

The guitar was almost completly flawless when I got it. The action was nice and low for easy hammer-ons. Pickups perfectly set. Tremolo was perfectly set. Tuners perfectly set. Only flaws were a small blemish on the back of the body and the strings werent perfectly in tune.

The Standard Series Squier Fat Strat's (quite a mouthful) best features are its two humbucker pickups full give it a full, meaty kinda sound you just cant get from single coil pickups (that is without effects). A nice 3-way pickup selector makes it a good choice for lead or rhythm guitarists. It features a volume nob and 2 tone nobs (one for bridge, one for neck). It has a good sturdy dual pivot tremolo, Die-Cast tuners, and a good thick 3-ply pickguard. The body is made of agathis and the neck maple with a rosewood fretboard. Mine has a sweet looking, really hard to chip, black metallic polyurethane finish but the white outlined black pickguard is what really gives it a unique look. 22 medium jumbo frets make it very player friendly.