Standard Fat Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Squier: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Sam Ash

It sounds ok, my style is pretty open so it works for me. I have used it with a Roland Cube 15 and a DigiTech RP200 effects pedal. It has decent sutain and the tremelo is quite imperessive for a "starter" level guitar. It has a good sustain and decent sound quality. The pickups are not noisy at all.

I play a bit of everything. I played Bass as a teen for a couple of years and just picked up guitar playing again after a 20 year break. This time I have taken it much more seriously. I just bought a Jay Turser for about 100 dollars more after owning this one for 3 months. I wish I would have bought the Jay Turser first. The Squier is a good guitar for a change though and I am not afraid to travel with it. I am ambivalant about this guitar, not happy or disappointed. If I dodn't have the JT I am sure I would still be fairly happy with it though as it plays well and sounds ok. I would recommend it for anyone starting out. If it were stolen, I would deal with the person that stole it, then collect the insurance money. I don't think I would replace it in like kind thoguh.

I am not sure I would play live with it just because it is a Squier. It does seem well made almost tank like, and seems like it would last and endure lot's of abuse though.

The guitar was pretty well set up when I got it. I did change out the strings right away. I have had it about 3 months and just sent it in to get weaked at the local shop. only loose part was the lock nut on the plug-in. Fit and finish are excellent.

monkey of doom
    I own one of these. Its not bad for what you pay for it. The bridge pup isn't great but its easy to get a new one. The neck is great for the price. Its very smooth and playable. These guitars get bad rep but they aren't that bad. Mine has no defects whatsoever. I'd give a 7 out of ten.