Standard Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: www.Soundslive.com

My style is like Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chilis stuff like that and it suits that well. You can get more rock like GN'R with the humbucker and others with the brighter single coils. basically I couldn't decide whether to get an Epiphone les paul, or a Squier normal Strat, so I found this and thought of it as getting the best of both worlds as then I could decide which one was coolest, and I now have the best of both worlds! I use a random amplifier we have in our living room which is 600 watts so it can go pretty loud! I haven't got a practice one yet as I have to buy all the stuff seperately. it is very loud with the humbucker and is definately more rounded and you can get classic rock tones. at the moment I can only hear a slight difference between the two single coil pickups but I'm sure my ear will get better! I can also only play it clean so I can't give any more details. Clean though, it is awesome, I'm sure if you bought a Fender and this you wouldn't really hear the difference! I can hear lots of cool sounds and get a vareity of good tones for different styles.

Overall this is a great guitar and you can get the best of both worlds with the pickups etc, awesome, buy it if you want a relatively cheap first guitar and you dunnno what to get!

It probably will withstand live playing but I don't do gigs as yet 'cause I am not really super talented, yet! the strap buttons are very solid and so is the rest of the hardware: pickups, buttons etc. I would not gig without a backup but then Who would? the finish seems very thick and thrashing around wouldn't really have much effect.

It was set up perfectly and the action is perfect! the pickups were like the sword in teh stone so was all the other hardware. the only flaws I have mntioned are above so this was pretty good. the tuners are pretty good, after using the whammy bar, I needed to tune it very much but after using it a few times it seems to go less out of tune and so they are getting better, although, when I have just tuned it, as in, half a second it sort of goes down in pitch which can be stopeed with some Precision.

I have no idea when this was made but it is completely new so I think probably 2004, and where I have no idea either, sorry! it has 21 frets and is awesome. it has a roseood fingerboard and a maple neck. it was great as a strater guitar as it is my first one. It is a sort of silvery grey body with a black scratchplate and is called satin pewter metallic. it has a twin pivot tremolo bridge which is awesome aswell, there is a 5-way selector switch to switch between the humbucker and the two single coils. and there is a master volume and 2 tone controls. dont know what teh model of pickups are but they were upgraded because it is a standard not affinity. there were no included accessories as it doesn't come in a pack only the worse affinity. The only thing I am annoyed about is the scratchplate as it has little airbubbles in where the plastic covering is (I can't take it off) and they look like scratches, and also the nut is a bit dirty (might be grease, don't know) which are only cosmetic flaws and depend on luck really, it looks amazing though!

aNgLiaM
    the standard fat strat doesn't have double humbuckers, the standard double-fat strat, however, does. this review is for the standard fat strat, not the standard double-fat strat. it seems as though the original review posted this review under the wrong guitar. as far as this guitar goes, i owned a squier standard strat (3 single coils) and wasn't impressed with the sound. it's a great starter guitar and switching out the pickups for a better sound is very simple. if you go into this guitar expecting a fender for $200, you'll be disappointed. but if you go into this guitar expecting a good quality starter guitar that is durable, you'll be very pleased.
    kdog215
    this was the first guitar i ever had... i bought the fat strat pack... comes with amp,gig bag, guitar,learning dvd,picks... all that jazz... i still have it... its a great guitar.... just have to adjust the action every once in awhile =)
    itrytofixtabs
    if i put a higher output humbucker in it can i play heavy metal or thrash kinda like metalicca or megadeth