Standard Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Guitar Shop

I play Beatles, Cream, Hendrix and other old stuff. It's great for this, not for metal/death kind of music. Surprisingly, it's not noisy at all. I use it with a Fender amp, only with the amp's overdrive for now, and it sounds cool. With a little patience, you can make it sound like a nylon string guitar, like a dreadnought, and many blues-style electric sounds, even heavyer tones with the bridge pickup. It suits me well. Nice tone, could be better, but no obvious flaws. Btw, pleny of sustain despite the floating bridge.

I like it a lot. It's good, and has a good price. I had to choose between this and a $300 Ibanez. It's my first electric guitar, played a lot on dreadnought. It suits me, love the Stratocaster look and feel. The only effect pedal I'm going to get is a wah-wah. I tested it a lot at the shop, because I am certain there may be flaws in some particular guitars. I know buying from the internet is comfortable, but you have to hear and feel a guitar to like it.

Have it for a week. Looks solid, I think it will last long. I take good care of my instruments, but if you abuse it, the first things that are going to fail are the tone and volume dials. I think only if abused. As I said, it doesn't go out of tune that quick, lasts even 20 (add up, of course) hard playing hours, with bends and everything. I retuned it only once so far since I had it. Since the paint is transparent, I can see that the wood is beautifuly cut, no flaws there either.

The shop crew had already tuned it, so it was just right when I got it. It feels and looks good, not a scratch or mark on it, and I'm a flaw maniac. Low action, nicely balanced floating bridge. The neck was (is) straight. It doesn't get out of tune if I use the vibrato bar (I was surprised, it was my biggerst worry with this guitar).

8th_Nation
    mine had die-cast volume and tone controls which I didn't like too much, so I popped a couple of the knobs off my Marshall MG30DFX and switched them in. there are only three things I would change about mine: possibly changing some of the pickups,a way to lock out the tremolo so that I could detune or open tune without spending 20 minutes doing it, and finding a way to change the tension on the strings so that when I use ernie ball strings it doesn't pull the tremolo bar up when I put them in tune.
    bgarnham
    i don't know if buy this or the epiphone standard les paul because the les paul is hardtain and i cant't play alot of solos an answer
    Qszet
    I just got one of these, and I'm really disappointed.. first of all several parts were loose (the humbucker for example)... worst intonation I've seen, the frets stick out. I don't recommend it to anyone at all, and that it would be as good as real fenders (even though you would get a faboulus one) is total bullshit. Lacks the tone and everything, I doubt that most reviewers have tried a lot of guitars or have any sense of tone. Don't buy except if you would find a really, really good one and have tried out at least some other guitars in this price class. Shame on you Fender!