Standard Fat Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Piano Shop And Music Co.

As I said before they are Standard Squier pickups. Considering I was a bgeginner when I had these pickups, I mainly played nirvana and easy power chordy stuff in which the humbucker had an awesome sound for! Just crank the distortion and you got yourself a very decent metal tone. The cleans acheived were very good! Great for all that jazz playing and soft rhythmy stuff. But after I got to learn about pickups and tone of a guitar, I removed the middle pickup, added a Fender aerodyne Strat pickup in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SH-4 Jazz Blues humbucker in the bridge, now it's just plain awesome.

I started off with power chordy punk grunge stuff like nirvana and this guitar definitely did the job. It's great for beginners and with a little upgrade would be perfect for intermediate and pro players! I definitely recommend it to anyone because it's such a versatile guitar! there are not many flaws and the price is great! The only thing I would like is for Fender to include some spare tremolo springs. It's such a apin to tune the guitar with the tremolo bridge up because it always goes out of tune. Even when you use the tremolo it goes out of tune quick. The remedy to this is simple to install some tremolo springs at the back of the guitar. Overall a great and versatile axe for the beginner!

I've dinged this guitar and gave it some buckle rash but it still looks brand spankin new off the rack if you give it a wipe. I would definitely use it as a backup for a gig cause it's just so sturdy. If the guitar strap ever came off it'd be the straps fault because the strap buttons are pure solid and sturdy. The finish doesnt't really matter, it's just black, you don't need any les paul fireburst spray to maintain the black, just a dampened cloth to wipe and another to wipe down. Easy.

The guitar was set-up well I guess, the action was good the pickup height was normal. nothing bad really. It was out of tune but that was quickly rectified. All the electronics worked fine and it has a real bad-ass look to it. No problems whatsoever. Everything was installed to Fender-standards, two tone and one volume nknob, 5-way pickup selector, and all pickups installed correct, true to the traditional Stratocaster. The heights were fine.

The Fat Strat my parents got me was new and off the rack, it was probably made in maybe 2004-2006. It has 22 medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. The body is made of agathis and it is black in a polyurethane finish. The bridge is a 'Synchronous Twin-Pivot Tremolo'. the pickguard is a 1-ply mirror which looks really sweet on a black body. The pickups are Standard Squier pickups, nothing flash but they do the job! The machine-heads are Standard die-cast tuners. The 450 I paid included a Fender Frontman 15R with reverd which is a decent beginners amp.

stradivari310
    bgarnham wrote: i don't know if buy this or the epiphone standard les paul because the les paul is hardtain and i cant't play alot of solos an answer
    get the LP.. the tremolo on this is NOT worth your time
    GatFanatic
    A friend of mine told me that Squiers aren't that good. Is it worth getting one of these, or should I spend more and get a proper Fender for a good quality guitar? Any advice? (I'm fairly new to guitar)