Standard Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Strat

I play mostly rock; soft, classic, hard, metal, punk. Just about everything. My style is a rhytmic/melody blues rock style. Just like most players today. I play alot of Hendrix, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, and some AC/DC. And this guitar plays 'em perfectly. Especailly the Strat users like Hendrix and Eddy Van Halen. But can also have that Les Paul/humbucking sound if you have your amp and guitar set right.

Well overall for me, this guitar is perfect. If I only had a bit more cash I would've got something nicer like a Fender American Series. Because that's what this guitar is modeled after. If you're a serious musican but don't got alot of dough. Or just starting out this is a good guitar for you. Add some nice Seymour Duncan pickups and maybe an Offical Floyd Rose bridge on this baby and this guitar would be the mack of all the daddys.

Well I've had this guitar for only 'bout a month or so now. And so far it's held up strong compaired to others. No problems, 'cept the strings (as I said) started to rust and stuff after like, the first week. So I got a nice standard light gauge pair of D'Addario strings to fix the problem.

Well when you first get this guitar you might wanna get new strings. Or just try to break it. Because I personally don't like the sound or feel of the Fender strings. But that's just me. The neck is pretty good, not too amazing. Just average. The fretboard feels pretty good and the frets aint bad. The action is perfect like when I play a chord, I just don't play it I annihilate the strings. So it's pretty good. So far I haven't found any flaws 'cept for the shitty strings.

- 22 medium jumbo frets (25.5" scale) - 1.650" width at nut - Solid tonewood body - Alder/agathis - Maple neck, C-shape neck. (maple or rosewood fingerboard, 9.5" radius) - Polyurethane finish - Fender American Series Strat style - Two Pivot Point Fulcrum tremolo brige - 5-position pickup Switch blade - 3 Knobs: master volume, tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2 (middle pickup) - 3 Alnico Magnet single-coil pickups - Standard Die-Cast tuners - Chrome hardware - Large '60s style headstock - Plastic parts - Dot position inlays - Comes with Fender 3250 strings (nickel plated steel).