Standard Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Strat

Purchased from: Guitar Center - Buffalo

I play anything from Green Day to Jimi hendrix and all in between. This guitar does fine with sound, minus some pickup fuzz noise, but htat I feel is expected from a base guitar like this. I have it hooke up through a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion guitar pedal and a Peavey 30 watt amp, and sometimes a crate 15 watt amp. The sound is fine for what I play. There is a pretty nice variety of sound coming from this guitar and it's 5 choices of pickups.

This is only a begginers guitar, and if I had it stolen, I would probably upgrade to the real Stratocaster instead of this squire model.

Well I've had it for 2 years and it has been through alot with me. The only thing that is wearing is the finish, but thats only my fault from the pick strokes and struming.

Its a beautiful looking guitar, not as finished as a regular Stratocaster, but it is enough to make it beautiful. The only problem that I had with this guitar is behind the plastic string cover on the back, there were extra drill holes, but I think that was a mistake at the factory with only my guitar and not with others.

This 22 fret strat-style guitar has a rose wood neck with a nice finish of sunburst maple on the body. It is a good looking guitar. It has all the usuals of a Stratocaster Squire edition. It came with a whammy bar, and thats about all of the accesories that I got with this guitar. Great starter guitar.