Standard Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Strat

Purchased from: Gift

I play punk and blues mostly, the single coils give a nice bright sound for "grungy" punk as well as of course a decent classic blues sound (more SRV than muddy waters). The pickups are alright and will be replaced when I customize it but are in general good, and hum cancel in pos2/4. I play with a 15 watt Behringer and Danelectro distortion and even at high gain the guitar is way quieter than many Fender Strats I've played.

This guitar is a good match for my blues/punk, I play through a behringer amp with Danelectro overdrive and also own a Telecaster and actually like this better because of its greater variety of tones. If stolen I'd def. buy another, the price can't be beat. I love the surprisingly stable whammy bar, but hate the pots. I got this guitar as a present and really did no comparisons, but I really wish it had hot rails in the bridge position!

Live - it has and will, I havn't gigged but during band practice I'm still pretty brutal. Hardware - maybe, pots are crap and due to taste I'll repalce the tuners but other than that its really good. Strap buttons - we don't need no shtinking buttons! I was introduced to DiMarzio cliplocks early and will never go back so I don't know squat about strap buttons.

Awesome action, everything is really good (ESP by Fender Standards).

This guitar was made in 2003, came with cheap gig bag and strap, and Standard Strat accoutrements, 3 single coils, 5-way switching, and a nice 21 fret neck, the volume control works nice but the tones only work pushed almost all the way one way or the other.