Standard Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Strat

Purchased from: Peeler Music

I run it through a Roland 20X Cube amp and it has great sounds. The only time it really hums is when I'm right next to my computer looking something up with full volume for both guitar and amp. But since I'm living in a dorm room I don't do that too often. I like to try to play a lot of stuff. Jimi Hendrix style to 80's hair bands and classic rock to new stuff like FOB and Afi type of music. I can get a wide range of sounds from both the guitar and the amp. 8 because my friend Who is pretty good at guitar loves my setup and found the perfect sound on both of them to play pretty much anything that is not metal. Wish I would have not changed the settings on it.

I love my guitar, although I'd like to see what it would look like with a black pickgaurd or a deep red one. I compared this with an Ibanez in the same price range, 200 USD and I still liked it better. And a Telecaster style guitar, but I don't like that style so I did not get it. My mom would kill me if it was lost/stolen/broken because it was an early birthday present. Plus the fact that I love this finish I would probably beat the crap out of Who ever stole it.

Never tried to gig with this guitar, but it is solid. I don't have the strap problems everyone else has though. With cleaning and care I think the finish will survive quite a long time. I don't know what else to say about it, I love the paint job and other people do too.

It's factory setup is nice, I have yet to adjust anything after about a month and a half, I should look into getting a setup so I know everything is still good. The finish is awesome. The paint job is great, it is a redish brown burst that just looks awesome. Looks wise I was sold once I saw the rosewood fretboard, I don't like how the maple fretboard looked with this paint job.

It was made in 2005 in Indonesia I think. 22 frets, rosewood fretboard, they have maple too. Mine is a special model though. It is a Antique Burst color with a tortoise, 5-ply shell pickgaurd. It is like a Standard Strat, 5-way pickup, 1 volume, 2 tone, etc. I gave it an 8 because many people like my guitar that are far more experienced than I am.