Standard Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Squier: Standard Strat

Purchased from: rock shop

The sound is crisp and has a good tone for band-practising and small social gigs. This guitar is great when being used to practise, a 15W Ibanez or similar Amp will enhance your performance, expecially when your overdrive function is on, you bass is near maxed out and half your treble is halfway. By my opinion and a few other players of Squire, they say it appeals to a rock or grunge background, some even said thrash metal.

I play for a post-hardcore band, we tend to play softer songs when playing Live though. Squires have been depended on from my band for 3 years now and yet I still have my stage Squire from 3 years ago. I picked up the guitar about 5 and a half years ago, I originally played drums but soon got bored of sitting behind and at the back of the stage and wanted to be more 'out there'. I have had my practise Squire stolen but I retreived it after a few months.One of my bandmates lent me a Ibanez but I just didn't feel comfortable playing live with it. I love Squires as they are affordable, reliable and they sound good too. My favourite feature is the tremelo bar, I use it in about 8 or 9 songs I play. Ibanez make strats of the same shape but I believe Squires have their own unique sound. The one thing I wish Squires had were a spikey cut-out. It'd suit my look.

This guitar can be used for stage performanes, but the genre you or your band plays depends. So far the hardwear is still in good condition and it still has a lot of playing til I'm going to need to think about a replacement. The strap buttons are solid and reliable, as once when I was performing I hurled it around my waist and over my back to see my guitar was still attached. I would say you don't need a backup but if you play songs that become heavier or more metal-like, bring another.

From what I've seen the guitar is in top knick, the pickups were adjusted correctly and too a certain extent. There has been a few slight occasions when the pickup selecter has made a rattling sound but that was taken care of. The guitars finish was satin, its action was good and the saddle was fit pretty much perfectly.

My Guitar is a 22-fret Squire by Fender Stratocaster. It has 3 singlecoil pickups, a master volume and 2 tone switchers, 5-way selector. Features on some squires also include a tremelo bar too. It was made in the last '90s in Japan, hence it being a Squire.

Six Silver
    Ok, so I went out and bought a 473$ guitar today. In Norway (if your interested : /). I'm 39, played since I was 8, say no more, I've tried them all. It's a Squier Stratocater Standard made in Indonesia,it's a dark sunburst color, looks very 60's. My thoughts? What the hell happened man!?? I bought this to put a Seymour Duncan kit to put in it, just needed a strat to build on, wanted some sustain and a reasonable neck, that's all. I got a WHOLE guitar! I'm NOT changing anything about this thing, it's just amazing. Somebody over at Fender must be sleeping. It really is the cheap Fender you've been looking for, yes, with THAT sound. I've yet to try a Fender that sounds so Fendery. This is the one, it's got so much attitude it's not even funny. This is a treasure, a find if you will, don't tell anyone, buy and laugh all the way to the bank. I'm getting a second one on Monday (today is Saturday), in case something should happen to it. I'm exstatic! : )
    LaneO
    Been playin a squier standard for about 5 years. Paid 200 dollars for it. I learned a lot on that guitar, and I cant put it down. Ive learned everything from the blues scale, sublime solos, red hot chili peppers, play some clapton on it. It's great, and I enjoy the guitar. Yes, I have played expensive guitars. I've played fenders, gibsons, esp, ibanez, etc. I like the fender feel, and this squier comes damn close to that. Never had a problem with it, ever. It actually has played better than some fenders i've played at my local guitar shop that cost about 600 dollars. It's a good little guitar, Pick one up if you get the chance.
    LaneO
    P.S. plug this up to a nice little tube or combo amp. You got it made .
    ferretjoe
    I scored one of these (transparent satin, tortoise pickguard) for $50 US @ a yard sale. Absolutely great guitar. Needed a bit of setup, but plays like butter, and sounds great for what it is. I'm still planning on putting a S/D JB jr. in it, but I'm pretty much a really loud player. anyway, an overall sweet axe for beginners and experienced players who don't have a lot of coin