Standard Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 4.2 Poor
Squier: Standard Strat

Purchased from: My friend

I play metal. This guitar is not metal. I play it straight through the Fender Frontman 15G Amp with on-amp distortion. The distortion is ok but there's like no bass to it at all unless I hook it up to my sound system. It's noisy on the first pickup selection, 3rd, and last. even on the 2nd and 4th it's noisy but then I just turn the tone down and the buzz goes away. The guitar can make the noisy sound, the crappy tone sound, the really heavy distortion sound, the melodic death solo sound. I can pretty much make any sound I want to.

I listen to metal. like I said, this guitar is not metal. but I make it work. I've been playing for almost 2 years... but I can play the Children Of Bodom - Downfall solo just fine on any guitar, even this horrible one. so don't think I'm writing a review as an inexperienced player. If it were stolen or lost I'd say hallelujia and go buy an ESP or Jackson V with a Floyd Rose and get EMG pickups. I like the red finish, the fact that it stays in tune[unless you use the whammy bar]. I hate everything else lol. It's been a good guitar to me though so I will have to give it that... I just don't have the money right now for a Jackson RR3 Rhoads right now:S. I wish it had a Floyd Rose and Locking Tuners... and EMG pickups..but that's about it. and I wish it was possible to get any lower action with 11 gauge strings.

This guitar will not withstand Live playing. At all. The hardware sucks. um... my strap has fallen off at least twice while I was playing in the past month. I would never use this at a gig.

Well idk how it was setup at the factory because the guy Who had it before me probably screwed it up. But I know how to set up this type of guitar and even when I set it up the action is really high. but the pickups are adjusted pretty well now. there's about 10 dents in the finish and you can feel them..but I made the biggest one. my b. IDK WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE BRIDGE AND TUNERS but this thing wont stay in tune if you even touch the whammy bar when it's in. otherwise it stays perfectly in tune. It feels like if I run it into something it will break into a million pieces.

No idea when it was made. 21 frets, normal old frets... Cherry red finish. Active pickups. there's 1 volume knob and 2 tone knobs [that are extremely loose but can be fixed]. Um idk the pickups. Nonlocking tuners. The guy gave me a case [that is ripping itself apart because it can't handle the stress of the guitar it was built for] and a Fender Frontman 15G Amp, which kinda sucks.

Presentboy
    hey guys do u know if this guitar is good for non beginners. i have money to buy a abetter guitar but my dad wont let me spend that much money but do u reckon this would be a good guitar cus i play blues and stuff. and alternative rock cus i wanna be a in aband soon. wb guys. cheers