Standard Strat review by Squier

Squier: Standard Strat

The music style I play involves artists who used a Strat to record some of these songs. Of course they were using the real Fender Strat's and not Squire's, but they sound close enough. The only thing I am not liking is the fact that when I plug it in and I want to play it on clean I have to turn up my clean setting on my amp 1 point more than what I would usually have it set on for my Epiphone G-400. I don't have any effects but at least I have an amp. I use a Peavey Rage 158. I sold the amp that came in the package with the Strat. It does have a Full sound most of the time. I have all the guitar settings set at 10, the amp on clean at 3, and the Lead (Distortion) settings on 2 for both Post and Pre Gain.

I mainly play Rock music like The Beatles, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Guns N' Roses, etc. And I have seen a lot of live concerts in person and on YouTube and in almost every concert I see every guitarist on stage pull out a Fender Stratocaster so I'm glad to have something like the ones they use. If there was one thing I should have asked before I bought this Strat, it would have been, "Can I see the actual guitar out of the box first?" Because there were so many little things wrong with it. If it were lost or stolen I would save up the money and buy an original Stratocaster by Fender not by Squire. There is only 1 guitar I compared it too and that was a Fender Stratocaster. I asked what the difference was and he didn't know so I bought the cheapest one.

The guitar is able to withstand live play and I can depend on it to use "AS" a backup. But I would never play a gig with it without a backup. Whenever I am in the middle of the song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", a little before the end of the first guitar solo, this Stratocaster comes completely out of tune. The strap buttons are solid and the finish hasn't even started to wear off and I have had this thing for over 7 years.

The Guitar wasn't perfectly set up and very few flaws were found. Let's start with the body of the guitar. Pickgaurd was a full pickgaurd with no flaws. All 3 knobs were there. The guitar was supposed to come with a whammy bar, but the bridge was whammy bar free. The pickups were perfectly adjusted, but the pickup selector was missing its cover. Now to the neck and action. The action wasn't set too high or too low. The tuning pegs were coming loose. And nothing was rustedexcept the strings that were on the Guitar itself.

I purchased the guitar in one of those cheep deluxe starter packs. So the guitar came with the following: - Strap - Small Amp - Gig Bag - 2 Packages of strings (Ernie Ball Regular Slinky) - And a small 5 foot amp cable. It is a solid body Strat with a maple wood finish. There are 21 frets. It has a String-Thru Body bridge with 3 single pickups like on the usual Stratocasters. It has a 3-way control with 1 volume knob and 2 tone knobs.