Standard Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: pmt

The sound is really good for the price, the pickups could do with a bit more power, but over all they are great for the price. I use it straight through a Vox AC15VR and it sounds great for the older rock and blues rock. When only one pickup is selected, it makes a buzzing sound but when both pickups are selected at the same time the buzz goes away. As usual the bridge pickup has that tiny/sharp sound you get from a Telecaster and the neck pickup has that fantastic jazz sound. Overall you can get alot of variety from this guitar.

I play mostly classic rock/blues rock and it suits it very well and I have not had many problems with it. If it was stolen I would be very sad but for the price they go for I would just get another one or keep the money and get a Mexican Fender Telecaster. I love the value for money, if anyone was to ask me what Squier Telecaster to get for around 200 I would recommend this straight away. My favorite feature about this guitar is definitely the finish, cause it looks great and is well applied. I compared this to a couple of other makes of Telecaster copies and this was so much better than all of them, I just can't believe someone told me to go for an affinity? This is just 100x better than them, but if you ain't got the money they aren't to bad bad for the price.

I will gig with this guitar, but I am defonately taking a backup couse the electronics aren't great, but I think it would last. The strap buttons are screwed in the guitar very solid with no problems with them. The hardware is good, not great though, the bridge saddles are pretty weak and one has already got a chip in it but apart from that all the other hardware seems durable. The finish is going to last, it has a nice thik coating on it and is applied very well.

When I got this guitar it was set up really well and it played lovely, being able to hold the strings down comfortably with no problems. I went for the antique burst and the finish is brilliant with no flaws to the finish but the pocket where the neck fits in wasn't cut brilliantly, but it doesn't effect it too much. The selector switch dose make some noise when through the amp and the pots are starting to make noise, but the pickups are put in really well.

I got this guitar from PMT (Professional Music Technology) while they were having some sort of open event, and it was classed as second hand but their wasn't a mark on it. It was made in April 2009, in Indonesia. It has a 21 frets and has a maple neck with rosewood fretboard and rosewood skunk stripe. It is an agathis body (which I have never heard of this wood before). It is the usual Telecaster set up, the normal neck pickup and bridge pickup with one volume and one tone and three way selector switch. It has standard Squier tuners, which are not to bad but the bottom E and the A go out of tune before the others do.