Starter Kit review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Squier: Starter Kit

Purchased from: Local Store

Well at the time I bought it was just getting into guitar and had no "style" so to say. Now I play hard rock, a little metal, and bluesish stuff. I still use my Squier Strat but the Frontman hasn't been touched for a very long time. The pickup configurations are quite messy. In a sense that its very hard to find a satisfying sound. But it does contain some! The amp suits a beginner well, but doesnt Shine in any areas and lacks some in just pure quality. The cable is a piece of crap and I suggest replacing it as soon as possible. Broke on me pretty fast.

I would personally get a totally different set up if I knew what I know now way back when. This pack served its purpose, but did not excell at all where others can for the same price. I would now recomend this for a new guitarist nor an experienced one. And if it were taken or lost I would not replace it.

To play live? Or not to play live? Sure! But never without a backup. If you had a backup though chances are its better than this. The strap buttons both fell out and stripped the screw holes and I had to take it into the shop. Its not very dependable. The finish is fine, if your worried about the finish on this guitar then you shouldnt play live anyway. This'll get pretty dinged up but its ok. It's a cheapy.

The guitar was pretty crappy, there are deffinately better Squiers. The neck was a little offset and the knobs came offset too. Some of the knobs take more force than others to turn and get stuck often, which is a pain. The amp I saw no problems with and it came just how it should have. There were some minor flaws but overall I guess it came decent for a packaged starter pack.

Well this piece of art, bad art, but art was crafted in Indonesia, has 22 frets, 5-way pickup selector Switch, 3 single coil pickups, a volume knob, and 2 tone knobs. The amp, Fender Frontman 15G, is really and purely a beginners amp. That's what it is made for so I won't bash it too much, and because it got me through my first year and a half or so of playing. It has 2 channels, clean and gain. Gain is really not a good thing with this amp but once again I loved it when I was just learning. This pack comes with the guitar, amp, cable, and strap etc. Everything you need to get started playing.