Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: Sobers Music

It suits and does not suit my style. The sound depends a lot on the ampage your running, and this guitar sounds good in most Fender amps. It has a bad tone in the bridge pickup, very chrisp and annoying. On the single coils nearest to the bridge, it sounds great. I think its just fine but its not the greatest thing ever.

Ok... Music... anything that I like... Pearl Jam, Blink, Audioslave, Micheal Jackson, all of it. I own a Bluesbird, a nice Martin Acoustic, a Fender-Deville Amp, some Fender P-Basses... enough to run my own show. If it was stolen, id laugh at the person to take it. It has an average sound, for an average price. What can you expect from Affinity. I wish it wasnt a Affinity. Enough said.

It will withstand live play, as long as you dont break it on your knee... or burn it... or throw it at a wall... etc. The hardware will probobly destroy itself eventually, its only an affinity. The finish scratches easily with the simplest pick stroke. The strap buttons give out occasionally, I wouldnt depend on it fully. I would NEVER play this at a gig without backup. Bring me a Guild Bluesbird, theres your standalone.

Well, the only thing I found wrong with factory prep was the plastic stuck around the inside of the tone knobs, making them harder to turn. Everything else was good.

I bought a new 20th Anniversary Squier Strat, from Sobers Music in a town near my place. I searched for about 2 hours in the store, and found a blood red Squier at the back of the stocking shelves. Unluckly to me it was later found out to be an affinity *sigh*, but it turned out ok. This is a 21 fret, Strat, with med size frets. Rosewood. I got a gigbag, tuner, set of extra strings, all the junk with this buy. It's a 5-Way selector pickups, 2 single coil and another single at the bridge. Volume and two Tone knobs.