Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

THe sound isn't that bad, it's pretty nice for a beginner guitar actually. The sound of the amp n' all is a very nice sound, especially since I love to play metal. It doesn't really get noisy, but take off overdrive and it's a nice non-noisy sound :)

I like to play a type of metallica type music, heavy metal, this was a nice match for me I would say. I've barely been playing it for 6 months, heh, I mess with my friends more advanced Fender guitar every now and then. I think I made a really good choice buying this guitar, it's nice. If I lost this guitar somehow, I would most definitly buy this guitar again. I love this guitar because it doesn't sound horrible like SOME guitars and that it is very reliable. The only feature I don't really like is the laminate. I don't really want this guitar to have anything else on it, but an Ibanez would be a good choice after you have learned to play with this guitar.

The guitar isn't meant for live playing in my own opinion, but is a very nice beginner guitar. If you treat the guitar right it will last a very long time, and so will the strings. The finish is probably the worst flaw on the whole guitar, the laminate doesn't like to stay on. You can depend on this guitar..but you need to tune the strings every now and then. If you HAD to use this at a gig you could, BUT it wouldn't sound near as good if using your regular gig guitar.

THe guitar was made well I would say, I didn't take it apart or anything but a video came with it, and shows you everything about the guitar. Everything on the guitar is done well except for the lamination which is pretty much poopy.

Made in a foreign country, Indonesia, with 22 frets, laminated top. I bought a black one, because I love black. THe config is a s/s/h..I like it because it's for beginners and easy to play, the style is a Strat ofcourse. Mine came with a Matrix brand tuner, neck is maple. Came with an amp, 3 picks, bag, stand, strap, tuner, strings and a coupla other accessories.