Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: ???

I play Metallica, Pantera, Slipknot, you know anything with huge amounts of distortion (no punk or anything). The sound quality is actually amazing but I think that is to do with my Roland Cube-30 because the sound I got out of the 10 watt squire amp sucked cock so with a good amp it sounds good. With the amp you get with it don't even bother. The only problem with he guitar is that when I select the bridge pick up on its own so the 5-way selector either completly left or right it does not shut up. It just makes this buzzing noise so I have hardly ever used it but if you avoid you can actually get a good sound. Bridge pick up is great for stuff like fade to black intro solo apart from heavy metal (when ever my friend comes round and plays his punk shit) it sounds pretty good and on stuff like and justice for all intro and fight fire with fire so I guess the range of sound is pretty good, but once again that is mainly due to the amp cos I know some one who has a Gibson Les Paul Standard '69, and a crap and and I get better sound than him so get the point.

I play heavy metal music none stop, it is a good match but the songle coil pickups are starting to limit the sound, which would explain why I'm getting an ESP KH-602 with EMG-81 pickups but as this guitar is a beginners guitar it is perfect for what it is. I love the action on this guitar, the pick ups and the input are a bit gay. I wish I had a ESP KH Vintage 2 but 602 will do.

this guitar is a bit risky to play with live. I've done it once and it seemed to have trouble with the high volume, also the input is a bit dodgey and seems to play up sometimes, so you have to put the lead round the strap or it can f--k up pretty easy, especially when head bangging.

I have to say I have been looking for a new guitar for quite some time now, seeing I've been playing for three years and this is still my first guitar but I have never played a guitar with a better action. I've played Ibanez, Jacksons, Gibsons, and I have never found a better neck the nearest I've come is an ESP KH-602, but that I probably due to the fact that I'm obsessed with metallica and forced my self to like it. But I did have some problems about a year ago and the guitar always seemed to go quite as in I had my amp full volume (the cube 30 is fucking load, suprisingly load for a 30 watt amp) and I could only just hear what I was playing, I took it to a guitar store and they spent three days reparing it so it was probably somwthing serious but now it seems fine.

the squire Strat has 22 frets, three single coil pick-ups, 1 volume control and 2 tone controls, and a 5-way selector, I'm pretty sure it has a maple neck (not 100% though). and because I bought mine in a package deal thing it came with, a gig bag, 10 watt squire amp, lead, strap, and a shit loads of picks. I have mine I an all black finish but its also avaliable in many differnet colours; white, red, yeah you get the point could have done with a humbucker or two.