Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: New York Music

I don't know if I have a stlye. I play rock music in my band, jazz for the school jazz band, and a lot of improv. It fits fine into all of this. It even works with the one speed metal song my band does with the meager distortion I can provide it through my amp. No affects, not on my budget so I can't tell about that. I run it through different amps depending on the situation. At home I use a small ten watt practice amp. With my band I use a larger amp. No fret buzz, bright sound (it's lounder unplugged than the other guitarists Epiphone SG) It keeps its sound quality in any dives, slides, ect.

I play any kind of music I can get my hands on and this is the most versatile instrument I've personally played. I've been playing for a little over three years now and I own this, an Ibanez AEF 20 (acoustic-electric), and am in the process of buying a Fender TC-90 Thinline. I would definately replace this if it were stolen. It's nto something that would put a huge dent in my band account and is a real quality guitar despite the bad rep that Squier instruments get.

The strap holds on the knobs without coming off. I haven't tried swinging it around to see if it would hold but it has survived normal playing conditions. I have never used this guitar live, instead using a friend's ESP. However, now that I'm in a band again I would not think twice about using this guitar live. I have that much faith in it. I could use it as a backup, although it will become my backup in a few weeks. the finish doesn't seem to be coming off anywhere.

The guitar came home from the store ready to play. Everything was perfect, the action, the electronics. For a while it recieved a lot of feedback when the Switch was on the bridge pick-up exclusively but it doesn't do that anymore. I've had it for three years and the neck is still straight, the pickups work fine, knobs and switches work. the tuner on the G string has a problem with it that makes it harder to turn the key. The strap holds on the knobs without coming off. The finish is black, it's still all intact.

21 frets, I'm uncertain about the wood or where it was made since I've long since lost any information that came with this guitar, tune-o-matic bridge (or it at least looks like one), 5-way selector Switch for the three single-coil pickups. Two tone controls, tremelo. The tuners work well and don't go flat very easily.