Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: Kaos Music Centre

This guitar is obviously not the best sounding in the world, but it still covers what I use it for. I have a band and I've used this guitar for probably 5 hours straight a couple times, and it was still almost perfectly tuned. I use a lot of distortion and it sounds really good. I recommend replacing the pickups if you're going to be using this guitar during gigs or if you jam a lot. This guitar has a great sound if you're trying to learn guitar and you don't want to spend a lot of money.

If you play a lot of alternative or punk rock (Blink 182, Green Day etc) I would definitely say "Yes, go ahead and buy this guitar." It has a good sound with distortin, just raise the neck pickup a bit. I love the maple neck with the black body. It looks awesome. This is a great 1st guitar. If, however, you get a choice between this guitar and a Fender Stratocaster, without even thinking twice, take the Fender.

This guitar is ok for live playing. I know that the hardware will last though. I've probably used it for the equvalent of 1 month of 24/7 plaing. All the strap buttons are still perfectly solid. I would take this guitar to a gig, and not worry about it breaking down, or dying out. The finish still looks brand new. This guitar is one I plan to play for a long time.

The guitar was setup almost perfectly at the factory. I only had to adjust the neck pickup (I wanted a bit more bass out of the guitar). For your the only thing that was really wrong with the guitar is that it needed an intonation, which I got for free before I brought it home. The only minor thing was that the output jack was a little loose, but once I tightened that, it never moved again.

I got my Strat last year in November. It was made in Korea, has a maple neck and body, thin frets, solid top. All black with a white scratch plate. A Tune-O-Matic bridge, active electronics. It comes with a 5 way selectore, 2 tone knobs. I got it with a hardshell case.