Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

This guitar is definitely good for people who would like to learn to play and come to websites like this one to get tabs for their favorite songs. It would also be good for old pros who just want something to practice with or beat around. I use a crappy amp that I got from a garage sale for like 50 bucks. It's 100 watts but I don't know the brand. The guitar sounds alright, but you get a lot of staticky hum from it when idle. However, you also get this from any guitar with magnetic pickups. It has a nice, bright poppy sound, and with a little distortion, it can also have a hard rock sound to it. I also use a wah pedal for some solos and it sounds great with that. Overall, it is a pretty ambidextrous guitar.

Basically I would suggest this for beginners or for people who have played acoustic guitar and want to try out electric. Most will probably quickly go through this guitar and on to a new one, but I've had this one for two and a half years, and it hasnt done me wrong yet, however, I am in the market for another guitar b/c I think that I have maxed this one out with what I can do with it.

This guitar is very reliable. I drop it all the time, and it only has a few scratches on it. I have had this thing for two years and nothing has really happened other than the strap button becoming loose. I would not take this as a main guitar to a gig, but I would take it as a backup. Finish is fine, no wear or anything some scratches on the pick guard but thats about it.

This guitar is put together just fine. I had to adjust the bridge on it to get it the way that I wanted, and I changed the tuners because I found some better ones in the attic. The only problem I had with it was that the strap button began to come out, but I just slapped some wood glue into it and it holds fine.